• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EUSSR fifth columnists spreading false rumours about medication shortages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm stating the bleeding obvious, and that is why Brexit is doomed to failure. Until one of those who duped people into voting for Brexit is prepared to stand up and deliver it, it should not happen. They should be held responsible.

Brexit is a poisoned chalice, it was always going to be one, and yet people voted for it. Turkeys voting for Christmas and all that.
    A quick question. How many people do you think were actually influenced by either the leave or remain campaigns?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      A quick question. How many people do you think were actually influenced by either the leave or remain campaigns?

Enough to make campaigning seem worthwhile.

If very few were influenced on how to vote based on the campaigns, then what was their point, apart from to create division and reinforce ideas?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Enough to create a majority, but not enough it would seem to have a 100% turnout.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          And presumably, as a member of the Labour party, he stood representing the labour party manifesto, which at the time, God knows what it is now, was, and correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure you will, to respect the peoples vote and to leave the EU.
          Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I did not he is Labour and I voted Tory.

So this is the situation

I did not vote for this person but he got in (that's fine it's the way politics works)

The majority of the constituency voted to leave (that's fine it's the way politics works)

He is trying to derail the leave process. (that's probably not fine because he is now not representing the majority of his constituents)

I mean would he be happy if after the votes have been counted we all decided we did not want him and that actually had some weight?

It is pretty ****ed up whichever way you look at.
          Fair points.

I can understand the frustration, because I would be too if I'd voted Leave.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
            Fair points.

I can understand the frustration, because I would be too if I'd voted Leave.
            I am not angry or upset.

I am just disappointed

They've let me down, they've let the team down.

But worst of all they have let themselves down.

Comment

A quick question. How many people do you think
              Can you see where this is likely to go wrong?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
              X