• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turning the corner on Brexit is possible says May...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Oh excellent - then there will be no impact on the rest of Europe when the UK leaves the EU.

That is good news.

It appears there is a bottomless pit of tourists just waiting to fill any gaps left by the British - fantastic and obviously utter utter fantasy but hey so what.
    1. Many Europeans currently avoid Spain because of the British drunks, so more of them may come if Brits are showing up less
    2. Although 20% of all tourists is British they stay generally much shorter then the rest of the Europeans Brits 1 -2 weeks rest of Europe 2 -3 weeks
    3. As stated before in this thread, tourism is not the only source of income for Spain
    4. As also stated before, 6 or 7 euros for a visa won't stop most Brits from coming

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
      So when British tourism falls, tourists from other places increases to fill the gap. So no loss to Majorca. But British holiday firms, airlines and the people who work for them - they will suffer.

Once again, Brexit will harm only British people.
      But, but, but .... we hold all the cards .... they need us more than we need them .... wah, wah, wah
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Oh excellent - then there will be no impact on the rest of Europe when the UK leaves the EU.

That is good news.

It appears there is a bottomless pit of tourists just waiting to fill any gaps left by the British - fantastic and obviously utter utter fantasy but hey so what.
        Did you actually read the extract. Not fantasy, it's fact and it's happening already. Feel free to put your head in the sand and you always do, but just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.

I've never actually met anyone as dim as you before. Even Vetran comes across as smart compared to you, and that's saying something. For once, take those blinkers off, open your mind, and look at what is happening. Go on, try it ...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Did you actually read the extract. Not fantasy, it's fact and it's happening already. Feel free to put your head in the sand and you always do, but just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.

I've never actually met anyone as dim as you before. Even Vetran comes across as smart compared to you, and that's saying something. For once, take those blinkers off, open your mind, and look at what is happening. Go on, try it ...
          Have you read yorkie's posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Have you read yorkie's posts?
            Oh yeah, forgot about that space cadet

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              Most Labour party members want Brexit. Most Labour voters don't.

Corbyn does not care as long as he is in power. Not that he is much more than a puppet controlled by the far left.
              You've got that the wrong way round.
              The Labour party membership (the ones who love their Dear Leader) are against brexit by about 80%. The voters are the little England type gammons who think that 'furrners tuk ahh jerbs'.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                You've got that the wrong way round.
                The Labour party membership (the ones who love their Dear Leader) are against brexit by about 80%. The voters are the little England type gammons who think that 'furrners tuk ahh jerbs'.
                Nah you got that wrong.

No one I know who voted Brexit thinks any foreigners have come over here and took our jobs.

Most of us are more interested in getting as far as possible from the corrupted cess pool which masquerades as the EU parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Oh yeah, forgot about that space cadet
                  Space Cadet or IT Coding Jockey. Which is the more sexier job title do you think?

Comment

Turning the corner? More like going round the bend.

Comment

Nah you got that wrong.

No one I know who voted Brexit thinks any foreigners have come over here and took our jobs.

Most of us are more interested in getting as far as possible from the corrupted cess pool which masquerades as the EU parliament.
                      Absolute tosh. Read any of the HYS comments from brexiters, comments on social media, when people are interviewed on news stories, and immigration, being 'over run' by foreigners, and having jobs going to these people and bringing down average salaries (which is also absolute tosh as we have minimum wage) are all common views. The economy doesn't rank anywhere. Leaving the 'corrupt' EU is a narrative that has come about since the vote as a distraction, it was not a top reason for voting out at the time.

Keep peddling those lies though, I'm sure you believe them but no one else does (well, apart from your fellow xenophobic gammons).

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X