• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess who's back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    And why is that an empire? No one has been conquered, there is no dictator, there are no slaves and no secret service watching every move you make. And everyone is free to leave.
    That is yet to be proven!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      That is yet to be proven!
      It has been proven Greenland left a long time ago

Comment

It has been proven Greenland left a long time ago
        Erm, nope, they didn't. Greenland voted in a referendum to leave the EEC - however Citizens of Greenland are, nonetheless, EU citizens within the meaning of EU treaties and Danish nationality law.

So, go for a walk, have a think, and then we can argue some more.

By "argue" I mean you spout tulipe and I'll correct you.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Erm, nope, they didn't. Greenland voted in a referendum to leave the EEC - however Citizens of Greenland are, nonetheless, EU citizens within the meaning of EU treaties and Danish nationality law.

So, go for a walk, have a think, and then we can argue some more.

By "argue" I mean you spout tulipe and I'll correct you.
          You have brain like a potato, the country left, if someone holds a Danish passport they can move anywhere in the EU, so they saw it as a win win. You brexidiots have a lose lose situation
          BTW technically Algeria also left after independence from France

Comment

You have brain like a potato, the country left, if someone holds a Danish passport they can move anywhere in the EU, so they saw it as a win win. You brexidiots have a lose lose situation
            BTW technically Algeria also left after independence from France
            Really? When was the EU formed? When did Greenland leave the EEC?

Let's play a game, I'll give you 2 numbers.

1993 and 1985

You put the numbers next to the relevant questions.

Oh and with respect to Algeria leaving the EU, they didn't. They left France in 1962 thus exiting by default, the Common Market.
            Last edited by Zigenare; 18 December 2018, 09:15.

Comment

Working...
            X