• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yellow vest gammon faced protestors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow vest gammon faced protestors

Still need Europeans to show them how it's done but still crap at it: Access Denied

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

It's probably because this country is doing quite well at the moment compared to the continent.

Unemployment is 4%, compared to nearly 10% in France. Thatcher had it at 12% for a couple of years, got it down to 6% and everyone still pisses their knickers about everyone being out of work in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It's probably because this country is doing quite well at the moment compared to the continent.

Unemployment is 4%, compared to nearly 10% in France. Thatcher had it at 12% for a couple of years, got it down to 6% and everyone still pisses their knickers about everyone being out of work in the 80s.
      Cool stats. Now do ones that compare underemployment.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Cool stats. Now do ones that compare underemployment.
        "I don't accept the ratio of working people to non working people as a valid indicator of the economy, but rather base my arguments on the subjective"

Comment

"I don't accept the ratio of working people to non working people as a valid indicator of the economy, but rather base my arguments on the subjective"
          "I want to cherry pick a very narrow band of statistical information that fits my narrative, rather than broaden my range of stats to include other statistical information that might indicate that the overall picture isn't quite as black-and-white as I want it to be"

Comment

But the unemployment rate has been calculated like this for years why question it now?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              But the unemployment rate has been calculated like this for years why question it now?
              Who's questioning the unemployment rate?

Comment

"I want to cherry pick a very narrow band of statistical information that fits my narrative, rather than broaden my range of stats to include other statistical information that might indicate that the overall picture isn't quite as black-and-white as I want it to be"
                This isn't narrative...

EU: youth unemployment rate by country 2018 | Statista

...it's a consequence of countries not being able to set interest rates and change money supply.

Comment

France has needed thatcherite-like reform lfor about 30 years. The last real reform was triggered by the student riots of the late 60s.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Who's questioning the unemployment rate?
                    rate or level?

Do you know the difference?

Comment

Working...
                    X