• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa survives - badly wounded though

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    The UK consists of 4 countries. 2 countries wish to remain and 2 wish to leave. The referendum was a draw.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Three countries and a province.

Northern Ireland has never been and never will be a country in its own right.

Hth.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Hth.
      Debatable. Even the government calls NI a country at times.

The countries of the UK - ONS

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Only the clueless fuqwits.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Only the clueless fuqwits.
          Stop voting them in then.

Comment

NI is indeed one of the four constituents countries of the UK, although I think that is more of a convention than a legal definition. It certainly has many of the attributes of a country: legal system; national football team; civil service.
            But these things are not always black and white.

Comment

Hth.
              NI is not a province.
              Ulster is.
              There's a difference.

HTH.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Stop voting them in then.
                Where do you live and who do you vote for which enables you to take such a highfalutin stance?

Comment

Following the overnight news of how well May's EU visit went, those sending in their letters the other day will have wished they had used 2nd class post. They'd have a better chance of winning the confidence vote today.

So, surprise surprise, no movement by EU on the withdrawal agreement and any further assurances are not legally binding, so only a few undecideds in Parliament may be swayed by May's latest attempt to get them onboard her plan.

Another week lost and no progress made. May as well roll on to March and have the 'my deal or no deal' ultimatum, where DUP, Labour, and the tory rebels play a final Mexican stand off over the future of the UK.

Looks like it all rests on the DUP. They are the blocking force of May's deal and also Labour going for a no confidence vote in the government to try to get elected. Stand firm DUP, they don't like it up em.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Where do you live and who do you vote for which enables you to take such a highfalutin stance?
                    West London. My MP is Rupa Huq. First time I’ve voted Labour in my life, and mainly because she was one of the few that voted against triggering A50 so early.

It’s notable that she also substantially increased her majority after she did so.

Which turd in a blue rosette do you vote for?

Comment

Cannot remember but they lost - Labour got in after it being a tory seat since 2008...

We are quite marginal where we are due to the large spread of socio economic classes.

Comment

Working...
                      X