• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leo Varadkar

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo Varadkar

Got to give the chap a big round of applause.

The 'backstop' was a work of pure genius.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Wasn't the backstop May's idea?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Wait. Are you saying minestrone doesn't know what he's talking about? Shirley not!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

How can I put a " backstop" in my next contract .If the train is late then the Irish will pay me.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
          How can I put a " backstop" in my next contract .If the train is late then the Irish will pay me.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
          Simple.

Negotiate with 26 other countries having your back, and make sure that the party you’re negotiating with don’t have a clue what they’re doing.

Comment

Anything would look like a work of genius when there’s David Davis on the other side of the negotiating table.

Comment

Brexit: Tory resentment of Irish power within EU - BBC News

The Irish really should know their place
              No chance mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                It is the solution to his agitation.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/11/...damage-brexit/

NI politics is the steaming tulipe pile best left ignored, he has wandered in chucking petrol over the place, Now the whole thing falls down on this backstop.

I would suggest his ethnicity has left him outside much of the debate growing up, unable to grasp the enormous subtle complexity of the situation. Now he navigates the issue like Stevie Wonder going shopping for snow globes.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Irish Power in the EU my arse.

42% of Europe’s banking crisis paid by Ireland | Irish Examiner

The Irish got absolutely pummelled by the EU after the crash. As soon as Brexit is over they will be dropped.

Their economy is overheating again, as soon as the next recession hits they will be flattened. This will be their future, unable to control their monetary policy it is endless cycles of boom and bust as a German provincial state without German voters.

Comment

It is the solution to his agitation.

Leo Varadkar has done his absolute best to damage Brexit | The Spectator

NI politics is the steaming tulipe pile best left ignored, he has wandered in chucking petrol over the place, Now the whole thing falls down on this backstop.

I would suggest his ethnicity has left him outside much of the debate growing up, unable to grasp the enormous subtle complexity of the situation. Now he navigates the issue like Stevie Wonder going shopping for snow globes.
                    So yes, it was May's idea? Why is this all Leo Varadkar's fault then? He didn't vote the UK out of the EU .... we made that decision and caused all these issues. Ireland and the EU are just protecting their own, as we are trying to do. Brexiters need to stop blaming others for their mistakes and start to take some responsibility for their own actions.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X