• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remain dividend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remain dividend

A pledge to spend the “dividend” secured by staying in the European Union on nationwide regeneration is being drawn up by senior Remain strategists ahead of a possible second referendum. In anticipation of a fresh poll, they are developing plans for a grassroots campaign that will operate without a traditional figurehead.

Eyecatching promises to spend billions on “left-behind” communities, the NHS and areas affected by high levels of migration are among the ideas being developed by campaigners keen on avoiding the mistakes of the much-criticised 2016 operation.

Remain leaders and rivals gear up for second referendum campaign, with new pledge on NHS funding | Politics | The Guardian

Oh FFS

Initiatives include a 24 hour free to air UK Gold Britain First channel.

Comment

So erm why did they not do this for the previously 43 years we have been in the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So erm why did they not do this for the previously 43 years we have been in the EU?
        Who's "they"? The various governments of the period? If so, that's a very good question.

Why haven't UK governments spent money on left-behind communities? Why haven't UK governments put more money into the NHS? Why haven't UK governments put funds into parts of the country starved of investment compared with London and other big cities? Why haven't UK governments taken the net tax take from migrants and used it to build schools and other public services?

Comment

Good questions and again one of the reasons for voting leave was so our politicians could not keep doing nothing and trying to blame the eu

Comment

FFS .... are you for real? You're blaming the EU for 40 years of the UK government not delivering on policies you believe in? You do understand that this isn't the fault of the EU, and even once we leave the EU this situation won't get better?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Good questions and again one of the reasons for voting leave was so our politicians could not keep doing nothing and trying to blame the eu
              So your brainy logic is, let's screw over the UK economy and make us poorer as a nation (hence less money for the NHS etc) just so we can start to hold our government to account? You don't think we could actually do this without screwing the country over/ Go on, have a think? Or, as I suspect, is this just a little smoke-screen excuse to hide you're real xenophobic reasons?

The mind boggles at the logic of Brexiters

Comment

And your view is to maintain the status quo because you are to scared to affect change
                Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                So your brainy logic is, let's screw over the UK economy and make us poorer as a nation (hence less money for the NHS etc) just so we can start to hold our government to account? You don't think we could actually do this without screwing the country over/ Go on, have a think? Or, as I suspect, is this just a little smoke-screen excuse to hide you're real xenophobic reasons?

The mind boggles at the logic of Brexiters

Comment

And your view is to maintain the status quo because you are to scared to affect change
                  But you're not changing what you perceive to be the problem. You agreed the problem is successive UK governments blaming the EU for their own problems, yet your solution is to change the people who are not the problem and keep those that are.

But, to answer your question, I'm OK with the EU although I'd happily get rid of the Tories and Labour as their successive governments have let the UK down. Unlike you and your pals, I'm not afraid of the EU and the direction it is traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    But you're not changing what you perceive to be the problem. You agreed the problem is successive UK governments blaming the EU for their own problems, yet your solution is to change the people who are not the problem and keep those that are.

But, to answer your question, I'm OK with the EU although I'd happily get rid of the Tories and Labour as their successive governments have let the UK down. Unlike you and your pals, I'm not afraid of the EU and the direction it is traveling.
                    I just wish that the time, energy and money used on Brexit could have been used for the UK to lead the UK resulting in the 27 looking up to the UK.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X