• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of the best Brexit articles I have ever read

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    No dont think they will vote anything through as impossible to make everyone happy.
    So its a choice between no deal and 2nd referendum?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      That is what I believe it will boil down to in the end ...
      Last edited by sasguru; 20 November 2018, 16:16.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

So a 2nd referendum is only really to try to get a 'remain' vote otherwise just get on with 'no deal' already and stop wasting time.

Funny that the EU are planning on having their vote to accept May's draft agreement this Sunday yet our lot aren't voting for 'a number of weeks'. Fools errand but I suppose the EU bods have nothing better to do to keep their spirits up, or down. "Trebles all round, we've done it, haven't we..."
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          ... otherwise just get on with 'no deal' already and stop wasting time.
          I agree. It will be a good education on how modern western economies work.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            This is simply someone's opinion being peddled as fact

it's just bollox.
            It is opinion presented as opinion, badged as a political sketch. But I can see why you were confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              It is opinion presented as opinion, badged as a political sketch. But I can see why you were confused.
              Nah that's bollox n'all mate

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                To be fair, he's permanently confused.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  Although Parliament is not overall happy with this deal, there is definitely no will there for “no deal”.

We’ll edge towards Christmas before they get pushed to vote, and they’ll vote for this deal. It’s the only one on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Although Parliament is not overall happy with this deal, there is definitely no will there for “no deal”.

We’ll edge towards Christmas before they get pushed to vote, and they’ll vote for this deal. It’s the only one on the table.
                    Nah. This deal will get a bit more tweaking to the point where it just about satisfies sufficient numbers to get it passed first.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Nah. This deal will get a bit more tweaking to the point where it just about satisfies sufficient numbers to get it passed first.

Perhaps. Always remembering that it takes two parties to form an agreement (UK and EU), so any tweaks will be minimal.

This is the deal we’ve got, so we need to deal with it and plan accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X