• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Equal rights for Low Cost Workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equal rights for Low Cost Workers

Brexit plan will stop EU migrants 'jumping the queue' - BBC News

In fact more opportunities for low cost Workers and no consideration for UK workers in the EU.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Brexit plan will stop EU migrants 'jumping the queue' - BBC News

In fact more opportunities for low cost Workers and no consideration for UK workers in the EU.
    Indeed jobs will go to the lowest bidder.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yep, I've thought of this site as soon as I heard Mrs May's speech, she made specific reference to 'software developers in Delhi'

more cheap labour and more tulip contracts with large service providers

Each time I see a contractor stating that he voted to leave, it makes me shake my head. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Comment

what is it that other EU leaders refer to

"the race to the bottom"

Well the UK is a first class sprinter in this regard.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor101101 View Post
          Yep, I've thought of this site as soon as I heard Mrs May's speech, she made specific reference to 'software developers in Delhi'

more cheap labour and more tulip contracts with large service providers

Each time I see a contractor stating that he voted to leave, it makes me shake my head. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
          It seems the mods have edited the thread title even though May specifically referred to "software developers in Delhi".

It is unsurprising that suppliers of low workers from countries with such a reputation were financially supporting Brexit.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Improve your skills so you are not competing with low cost workers.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Improve your skills so you are not competing with low cost workers.
              With Trump limiting Indian temporary workers on visas you'll find the cream of the crop, who used to go to the US by default, will probably come here as part of a new India-UK post-Brexit trade deal. Those guys (from the top IITs) will eat you for breakfast.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor101101 View Post
                Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
                Shooting yourself in the cojones, surely.
                Judging by brexidiots spineless whining

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  With Trump limiting Indian temporary workers on visas you'll find the cream of the crop, who used to go to the US by default, will probably come here as part of a new India-UK post-Brexit trade deal. Those guys (from the top IITs) will eat you for breakfast.
                  They will go to Germany

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    They will go to Germany
                    Nope. It will be easier for them to come here post-Brexit than go to Germany.
                    Unless of course the effect on the economy of Brexit is severe, in which case the discussion is moot.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X