• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uk trade deals with other countries will be worse than they are now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk trade deals with other countries will be worse than they are now

So part of the Brexit fantasy is that trade deals will be signed with other (non-EU) countries that will make the UK richer than it is now.
    That's not going to happen.
    Let's take the US under Trump's "America First" policy.
    Yes there'll be a trade deal, but the UK will be a weak, desperate supplicant and Trump knows it.
    Any deal will be vastly to the US's benefit.
    Contrast with the way Trump buckled when Juncker visited - the US realises the EU is the other very rich part of the world and doesn't want to harm trade with it too much.

The UK's weakness in negotiating with the EU will have been noted.
    India has already said a condition of any trade deal is better access to the UK for its citizens, or fook orf.
    China will have its conditions too, it's vastly more powerful economically than the UK.

Any deals will take time and money.
    It's in no-ones interest to make any quick deal with the UK, far better to let the UK stew and get desperate.
    Basic negotiation tactic 101.

Liam Fox has wasted millions of tax payers money jetting round the world to no effect.

The stupidity continues ....
    Last edited by sasguru; 28 October 2018, 12:05.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Yep you keep posting
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Yep you keep posting
      Maybe you could analyse my post and let me know which part you disagree with?
      At least one Brexiter has liked it.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Unfortunately, England (not the UK) has not grown out of serfdom other than their being an upcoming educated and well travelled middle class. The royals and HM's government elitists pull the wool over the eyes of the majority of the population; Brexit is a prime example.

There are many countries which will profit from Brexit at the UK's expense, those countries have wealthy UK investors with their fingers in the pie. It is no secret that the UK is desperate to make trade deals outside of Europe and therefore the UK will be in a weak position from the start when negotiating. Furthermore, the UK is not geared up to change the product output to suit the rest of the world.

It is only a matter of time (ten to twenty years) until the UK re-joins the EU however, the terms of re-joining will result in a worse deal that the current membership. Moreover, the UK will not have the same influence with the management of the UK.

WTF can the UK export

The UK Secretary of State for International Trade the Rt Hon Liam Fox MP submitted that the UK Government wants the UK to be a champion of free trade and share Australia's commitment to global trade liberalisation and champion the benefits of open markets.2
        We will build a truly global Britain, one that is a great, global, trading nation, and one of the firmest advocates for free trade in the world

2. Overview of Australia's trade with the United Kingdom

– Parliament of Australia
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Furthermore, the UK is not geared up to change the product output to suit the rest of the world.
          This is the fundamental issue with the UK economy.
          It's 80% services (most of that trading with the EU and the US).
          In terms of goods there are some centres of excellence - aerospace in particular, but the people running these CofE's invariably have given fair warning that they won't thrive post-Brexit.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's in no-ones interest to make any quick deal with the UK, far better to let the UK stew and get desperate.
            Brought to you from Sas's iphone from the top of Mount Stupidity on Planet Delusia!

Indeed it does....you are nothing if not consistent!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Brought to you from Sas's iphone from the top of Mount Stupidity on Planet Delusia!

Indeed it does....you are nothing if not consistent!

You voted for Brexit; do you have a solution to these trade problems?
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You voted for Brexit; do you have a solution to these trade problems?
                I suggest we continue negotiating.

Now you really ought to stop flapping, stop believing every negative scare story you can find, reduce your prodigious altitude, and thereby give that tiny molecule you use as a brain enough oxygen to perform the rudimentary functionality that it was designed for.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I suggest we continue negotiating.

Now you really ought to stop flapping, stop believing every negative scare story you can find, reduce your prodigious altitude, and thereby give that tiny molecule you use as a brain enough oxygen to perform the rudimentary functionality that it was designed for.

They are not negative scares. The fruits of IT have enabled me to setup several businesses; I have also been involved in import/exports to and from Europe since the 1970's (spend many a day waiting to go through customs at Dover) I have friends and relatives who own manufacturing and service companies. Brexit has already cost all of us a fortune. I now have several empty commercial premises with the consequential loss of jobs; this entirely down the the uncertainty of Brexit as I cannot sign contracts with EU companies not knowing what the tariffs will be after March 2019.

It is you that has a walnut size brain.

Comment

They are not negative scares. The fruits of IT have enabled me to setup several businesses; I have also been involved in import/exports to and from Europe since the 1970's (spend many a day waiting to go through customs at Dover) I have friends and relatives who own manufacturing and service companies. Brexit has already cost all of us a fortune.

We haven't Brexited yet.

HTH

I now have several empty commercial premises with the consequential loss of jobs; this entirely down the the uncertainty of Brexit as I cannot sign contracts with EU companies not knowing what the tariffs will be after March 2019.
                    Fail to plan, plan to fail I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                    X