• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The WTOSSR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I think you are taking this truth and lies business a bit too rigidly. You'll never make a true Brexiteer if you keep fretting about such things as facts or logic.?
    If you don't keep on confronting them with facts and disprove their incorrect arguments, it's like accepting the post truth world, that they (brexiteers, ALT-right and ALT-left) and the Trumpeteers in the US are creating. Not ready for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      If you don't keep on confronting them with gibberish, opinion pieces, and factually incorrect arguments, it's like accepting that the hopelessly implausible view of reality that I feverishly cling on to, despite all evidence to the contrary, is just pie in the sky. Not ready for that.
      ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        If you don't keep on confronting them with facts and disprove their incorrect arguments, it's like accepting the post truth world, that they (brexiteers, ALT-right and ALT-left) and the Trumpeteers in the US are creating. Not ready for that.
        What facts. Facts like Kent will become a lorry park in the event of a no deal Brexit. That is not a fact it's someone opinion. The fact that in the event of a no deal brexit the world will come an abrupt stop and no one will be able to trade with the UK for millennia. that is not a fact it's someone's opinion.

I see as many "facts" spouted by remainers and I do from Brexitiers. Truth is neither Brexiters nor remainers have a sccoby doo what will happen after Bexit. It is all speculation and guess work. Some might say, "but we've modelled it and our model says the human race is doomed in the event of a no deal Berexit." A model is only as good as the data input into it. Crap in Crap out.

Rant overmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmad

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          What facts.
          Facts like the duty on New Zealand wine is currently just a few pence because of favorable EU trade deals. So when we leave the EU and magically negotiate some fantastic new deal with NZ, our Villa Maria in Wetherspoons will not be any cheaper. Most likely it will be more expensive because of the slump in the value of the pound.

Facts like that. Facts the prick the fragile balloon of the fragile Brexit loons.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            What facts. Facts like Kent will become a lorry park in the event of a no deal Brexit. That is not a fact it's someone opinion. The fact that in the event of a no deal brexit the world will come an abrupt stop and no one will be able to trade with the UK for millennia. that is not a fact it's someone's opinion.

I see as many "facts" spouted by remainers and I do from Brexitiers. Truth is neither Brexiters nor remainers have a sccoby doo what will happen after Bexit. It is all speculation and guess work. Some might say, "but we've modelled it and our model says the human race is doomed in the event of a no deal Berexit." A model is only as good as the data input into it. Crap in Crap out.

Rant overmadmadmadmadmadmadmadmad
            Clearly the UK government think Kent will become a lorry park come Brexit given they are building a, erm, lorry park. The FACT, is that the government believe this. Clearly Kent being a lorry park isn't a FACT yet, because we haven't left the EU yet - we will only see, once we leave the EU, whether the forecast that Kent motorways become car parks or not.

You are a typical Brexiter, claiming things haven't gone wrong yet even though you know we haven't actually left yet! Things are however worse now than they were pre A50. Things are continuing to get worse. Most forecasts predict things will get progressively worse once we leave the EU. Suck it up and take responsibility for your actions.

No one has said the world will end once Brexit comes into being. Stop being so melodramatic you little snowflake
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X