• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WGAF??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    AS regards the status of EU/British citizens post Brexit, we are not ASKING to be treated as a special case.

We are currently in negotiations (you DO understand that this does not necessarily entail pulling your trousers down and bending over don't you?),
    and on a matter that affects both parties we have grounds for expecting that an offer that simply involves mere reciprocity ought to be seriously considered as it is patently of mutual benefit.

The fact that the EU seem hell-bent on snubbing us over this issue just highlights their inclination to act like spoilt children.

As others have stated, this is a classic case of cutting one's nose off to spoil one's face.

HTH

You're a special case.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You're a special case.
      I know.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        AS regards the status of EU/British citizens post Brexit, we are not ASKING to be treated as a special case.

We are currently in negotiations (you DO understand that this does not necessarily entail pulling your trousers down and bending over don't you?),
        and on a matter that affects both parties we have grounds for expecting that an offer that simply involves mere reciprocity ought to be seriously considered as it is patently of mutual benefit.

The fact that the EU seem hell-bent on snubbing us over this issue just highlights their inclination to act like spoilt children.

As others have stated, this is a classic case of cutting one's nose off to spoil one's face.

HTH

You really don't get it do you? You're not being obtuse on purpose, you really just don't understand. Would love to see the expression on your face when the penny finally drops
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You really don't get it do you? You're not being obtuse on purpose, you really just don't understand. Would love to see the expression on your face when the penny finally drops
          No chance. He'll be lying face down in a pool of his own urine in whichever of the Barnstaple 'Spoons he is frequenting.

Comment

Working...
          X