• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Highly skilled to be hit hardest by no deal Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highly skilled to be hit hardest by no deal Brexit

Highly skilled to end up in low skilled jobs in the food industry or tossing nets from small fishing boats

Professor Alan Winters, Director of the UK Trade Policy Observatory, explains that his research has indicated that skilled workers may be hit hard by a no deal Brexit as less trade with the EU will damage their industries.
    Fruit picking or fishing is a much healthier outdoors job than an R&D or IT job in an investment bank.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 21 October 2018, 12:45.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Highly skilled to end up in low skilled jobs in the food industry or tossing nets from small fishing boats

Fruit picking or fishing is a much healthier outdoors job than an R&D or IT job in an investment bank.

The usual nonsense from Project Fear. They really are getting increasingly desperate.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Crapping yourself are you? You should be. I'm sure there'll be a vacancy for you when Sas's village realises he's not away on holiday...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Let's face it, remainers have been hit hardest by Brexit.

They are just barely holding it together.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth is reaching a crescendo. Busloads of gammons unite in their "demand" for a "people's vote".

Tick tock.

Comment

Ha, that explains why the Leavers on here aren't worried, a confederation of PFY's
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Let's face it, remainers have been hit hardest by Brexit.
            I thought Brexit was supposed to be force for Good, rather than hit hardest half the country?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I thought Brexit was supposed to be force for Good, rather than hit hardest half the country?
              They've only been hit emotionally. The poor little snowflakes will get over it, eventually...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Literally no one could've predicted the level of snowflakery from those who disagreed that it would be a force for good.

I thought the toys would exit the pram once and more-or-less stay exited, but we seem to be witnessing a furious recycling of toy ingress and egress.

"Look at me, I have toys, and I'm going to use them."

Comment

Today online:

Brexit news: Whitehall starts SECRET contingency planning for SECOND EU referendum | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

notrut says
                  Sharpen your Pitchforks ...
                  euzoo, eyes bulging, comments
                  CIVIL WAR IT IS THEN!
                  gazza9258 with a blood vessel visibly pulsating on his forehead ...says
                  If a full Brexit is not carried out, then the Government will have a lot more than yesterday's 670,000 remoaners marching on London to worry about - and we won't be carrying placards.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

In other online news today:

BB becomes agitated in the Brexit subforum.

Commentators warn that night follows day.

Gladiator bleeds radiator.

Comment

Working...
                    X