• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rebellion!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rebellion!

Brexit: David Davis calls for cabinet rebellion over PM's plan

Cabinet ministers should "exert their collective authority" and rebel against Theresa May's proposed Brexit deal, ex-Brexit Secretary David Davis has said.

The PM has suggested a "temporary customs arrangement" for the whole UK to remain in the customs union while the Irish border issue is resolved.

Brexiteers suspect this could turn into a permanent situation, restricting the freedom to strike trade deals.

Writing in the Sunday Times, Mr Davis said the plan was "unacceptable".

"This is one of the most fundamental decisions that government has taken in modern times," he added.

Brexit: David Davis calls for cabinet rebellion over PM's plan - BBC News

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Brexit: David Davis calls for cabinet rebellion over PM's plan

Cabinet ministers should "exert their collective authority" and rebel against Theresa May's proposed Brexit deal, ex-Brexit Secretary David Davis has said.

The PM has suggested a "temporary customs arrangement" for the whole UK to remain in the customs union while the Irish border issue is resolved.

Brexiteers suspect this could turn into a permanent situation, restricting the freedom to strike trade deals.

Writing in the Sunday Times, Mr Davis said the plan was "unacceptable".

"This is one of the most fundamental decisions that government has taken in modern times," he added.

Brexit: David Davis calls for cabinet rebellion over PM's plan - BBC News

Last week, there was a spoilt school girl with her mum shopping at Smith's. Her mum calmly ask the girl what does she want to buy. The girl was crying and screaming out; " I want something, but I don't know what!"

It reminded me of Brexiters
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Brexit deal ‘DONE’ - Shock memo reveals UK exit to be ‘finalised TODAY'

former Cabinet minister Priti Patel raged: “This memo reeks of a secret, pre-cooked, backroom deal. If the details are true, it stinks and most MPs will find it totally unacceptable.”

Another senior figure said the proposed deal was “a pile of vomit”.
      If the transition deal as proposed goes through and the UK ends up doubling it's EU contribution to fund the 60 billion bill, I calculate that it will cost the UK 350 million a week. They don't get a rebate in the transition period.

No problem they can take it from the over funded NHS.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brexit in name only and double the EU bill to boot.

Didn't know they were making a new Carry On film. "Carry On Brexit is now in production but the release date is to be decided by the re-unification of Ireland, best guess: when no-one alive to witness the start of brexit will be still alive to witness its end."

You couldn't make this stuff up. Though I just have.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Budget in 2 weeks should be fun - massive tax increases incoming, promised 17% coro tax most certainly cancelled (but of course no decrease in dividend taxation)

Comment

It's beginning to look like Teresa may not last the fortnight ....
              Ah well she was the only hope to minimise the damage, now we're going full on disaster Brexit mode.

Still, really does make for fascinating
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nice to watch it with a glass of old port, eh?

Comment

Nice to watch it with a glass of old port, eh?

Not yet port time, that's a couple of years away, Belgian beer for now
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Budget in 2 weeks should be fun - massive tax increases incoming, promised 17% coro tax most certainly cancelled (but of course no decrease in dividend taxation)
                    Taxes will be lower than Komrade Korbyn. Under Korbyn, overall tax levels will be over 98%.

Tories will cap theirs at 97% for business owners in Brum.

Comment

Working...
                    X