• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SEGA bye bye UK, Hello Bulgaria.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh ffs its globalisation innit

Been happening for years before Brexit.

Most production lines that were in UK in the last 4 of 6 employers that I worked at were moved out of the UK the other 2 were either too small or did it in the 90s.

Your desperate attempt to blame brexit is just sad.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Perhaps it had something to do with you, vetran?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        oh ffs its globalisation innit

Been happening for years before Brexit.

Most production lines that were in UK in the last 4 of 6 employers that I worked at were moved out of the UK the other 2 were either too small or did it in the 90s.

Your desperate attempt to blame brexit is just sad.
        The reason for leaving is Brexit.

You are acting like an ostrich and burying your head in the sand. Japan wants their European Headquarters to be in an EU country.

BG has a reputation for having well educated staff. BG has a long history in IT development going back to communist times due to the emphasis on teaching maths and science.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You can buy a villa in Bulgaria for 80 grand, you pay much less tax and commensurate with the cost of living salaries are pretty good.

They won't have any problem recruiting.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            You can buy a villa in Bulgaria for 80 grand, you pay much less tax and commensurate with the cost of living salaries are pretty good.

They won't have any problem recruiting.
            Bulgaria is one of the poorest countries in the world, never mind Europe. No doubt Sega will be being offered large incentives to invest in the country.

The sun is going to rise in the east tomorrow, are the remoaners going to blame brexit for that too?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Bulgaria is one of the poorest countries in the world, never mind Europe. No doubt Sega will be being offered large incentives to invest in the country.

The sun is going to rise in the east tomorrow, are the remoaners going to blame brexit for that too?
              Indeed why would you leave this:

to go here:

and live in a hovel

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Perhaps it had something to do with you, vetran?

hey if you think I convinced the CEO of multi billion dollar companies to offshore factories throughout the MEDCs then you are sadly mistaken. They just realised LEDC staff are cheaper and have fewer rights.

I can see why you believe all the Bremoaner bollux.

was this caused by Brexit then?

BBC News | BUSINESS | UK manufacturers lured overseas

Friday, 8 February, 2002, 08:42 GMT

Things have got even worse in recent years, due to the strength of the British pound which is undermining competitiveness even further.And companies such as Anglo-Dutch food giant Unilever and car makers Nissan and Honda have already warned that they may be forced to go elsewhere unless the UK embraces the euro.
                About 3.8 million people were in manufacturing jobs in the UK last November, 150,000 fewer than in the previous year. This year, the most pessimistic forecasters expect another 180,000 jobs to go.

do any of those names look familiar?
                Last edited by vetran; 14 October 2018, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  The reason for leaving is Brexit.

You are acting like an ostrich and burying your head in the sand. Japan wants their European Headquarters to be in an EU country.

BG has a reputation for having well educated staff. BG has a long history in IT development going back to communist times due to the emphasis on teaching maths and science.

DHL for instance moved to Prague 15+ years ago, many others did as well, some of my ex employers built a huge service centre there 10 years ago and one in India & Mexico. why because they were cheap.

Comment

Friday, 8 February, 2002, 08:42 GMT

About 3.8 million people were in manufacturing jobs in the UK last November.
                    Manufacturing statistics

UK manufacturing currently employs 2.6 million people
                    600,000 jobs lost in manufacturing in the last decade

A million jobs have disappeared since 2002

...ah but this is nothing to do with the Euro, everyone else is losing jobs:

oh, hang on

Employment in German manufacturing sector hit record high in 2014 | Reuters

The number of people employed in Germany’s manufacturing sector rose to a record high of 5.3 million at the end of last year, data from the Statistics Office showed on Tuesday, underscoring the strength of the mighty sector of Europe’s largest economy.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

In summary, half hanging out the EU has damaged the UK's manufacturing industry, resulting in the EU being blamed for the malaise, Brexit is simply the death knell.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X