• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK-EU talks not happening as UK prepares to become a vassal state

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching the pound tank, maybe markets are starting to price in the no deal scenario they thought would never happen - If it falls below the euro, it'll fall much further.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      so she set up a trade deal equivalent to the EU in a few days. Not a bad start.
      Not really, there was no need for it at all:

The prime minister confirmed that Britain would replicate a deal the EU currently has with six southern African nations.
      “That’s why I’m delighted that we will today confirm plans to carry over the European Union’s Economic Partnership Agreement with the Southern African Customs Union (SACU) and Mozambique once the EU’s deal no longer applies to the UK."
      Maybe there was a small 'incentive":

“And to help bring those investments about, I can today announce an additional £4bn programme of UK investment in African economies that will pave the way for at least another £4bn of private sector financing.”
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yeah trade with Africa will really make up for the lost trade with the EU.
        You gotta larf at Brexiters.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

and what is top of the list of South African demands:

What South Africans want from trade talks between Theresa May and Cyril Ramaphosa:
          First up for trade talks: Visa-free travel
          https://www.thesouthafrican.com/ther...e-talks-uk-sa/

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            and what is top of the list of South African demands:

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/ther...e-talks-uk-sa/

Looks like Brexit will massively increase non-EU immigration.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Looks like Brexit will massively increase non-EU immigration.
              That has already started as predicted by me before the brexit vote:
              https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ort/august2018

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                That has already started as predicted by me before the brexit vote:
                https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ort/august2018
                You and the other racist remain voters, voting for more mainly-white European immigration, instead of non-eu... tsk tsk

Ps. Only a few more months until Zwarte Piet makes an appearance, isn't it?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

UK-EU talks not happening as UK prepares to become a vassal state

No, not quite.

We’re currently part of the EU so we already have the benefits of deals with South Africa, etc, by being part of that block.

She’s simply attempting to replicate those same deals, but at an additional cost to the U.K. of £4 billion.

And what it doesn’t yet do is, for example, replicate the Rules of Origin on cars coming from SA - that requires a tripartite agreement between SA, the U.K., and the EU.

Why does this matter? Well, currently, car engines made in Dagenham that are sent to SA to be installed in Fords that are sold back to the EU meet the EU’s RoO requirements (with the U.K. being in the EU). Once we leave, those engines are no longer made in either SA or the EU, so the car may not meet requirements to be tariff-free when sold from SA to the EU.

Solution1: tripartite agreement so that U.K.-made parts are included in the RoO calculation. This requires a “deal” with the EU.

Solution2: SA sources their engines from somewhere else.

Trade deals are never as simple as a newspaper headline.....
                  Last edited by meridian; 29 August 2018, 18:24.

Comment

Brino in the bag

It's done and dusted more or less, and it's a "Brino" deal.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Brino in the bag

It's done and dusted more or less, and it's a "Brino" deal.

Whether we’re out with “no deal” in March has little to nothing to do with Chequers, or Norway, or any other future relationship. The key is the Withdrawal Agreement, and within the WA the key is the NI border.

No WA, no transition. Fudge City, here we come......

Comment

Working...
                      X