• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 Blokes In The Pub... Talk NO DEAL Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, and I thought I was deluded!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Of course. Everything’s “potential” until we know the outcome.

Brexiters like to bang on about how businesses in the country should just adapt and change to the new paradigm. Do you really think that businesses outside the U.K. aren’t doing the same?

It seems like you’re the ones with your heads in the sand...

Comment

Help me here

I am just completely baffled about why people keep going on about No Deal (apart from fear-mongering liars who wish to spook everyone). Nobody wants No Deal. The EU have offered deals all along (Norway/Norway+, Canada/Canada+ etc). The EU have hinted they are only to pleased to let things drag on for as long as necessary to get an agreement. The UK would gain nothing but heartache by choosing to ignore the deals on offer.

It's not going to happen. We'll leave at some stage. We'll have a lot favourable trade agreements with EU countries. Friction will increase. Lots of people will lose their jobs. Some things will become more expensive or difficult to get. However generally life will go on, just with tens or hundreds of billions less in the Economy, which is running down all the time anyway. Sure, businesses will suffer but that's a factor of Government indecision. Once everyone is clear what is going to happen, things can return to normal or at least something not hugely worse than what happens now.

Just ignore all this posturing.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Of course. Everything’s “potential” until we know the outcome.
          That's all you needed to post.

The rest is just speculation and conjecture. You - and others - seem to take great pleasure in jumping on the back of whatever the latest scaremongering meme of the day is.

As and when I know what has been agreed that will affect my circumstances - if anything - then, I'll deal with it.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

That's all you needed to post.

The rest is just speculation and conjecture. You - and others - seem to take great pleasure in jumping on the back of whatever the latest scaremongering meme of the day is.

As and when I know what has been agreed that will affect my circumstances - if anything - then, I'll deal with it.
            Good for you.

In the meantime, the rest of us in the real world will “deal with it” by making preparations based on what we think might happen. You know, planning and contingencies.

Comment

Good for you.

In the meantime, the rest of us in the real world will “deal with it” by making preparations based on what we think might happen. You know, planning and contingencies.
              You go ahead. I've some tins of beans in the shed if you'd like them.

On a serious note, what does your "contingency planning" consist of?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You go ahead. I've some tins of beans in the shed if you'd like them.

On a serious note, what does your "contingency planning" consist of?
                Mine? Minimal, but the details aren’t important because my circumstances will be completely different to yours.

What you’ve done though over a series of posts is to reduce the problem from a corporate level down to an individual one. The question you should be asking is, what are corporate supply chains doing to reduce exposure?

Comment

Mine? Minimal, but the details aren’t important because my circumstances will be completely different to yours.

What you’ve done though over a series of posts is to reduce the problem from a corporate level down to an individual one. The question you should be asking is, what are corporate supply chains doing to reduce exposure?
                  Why is that? The bottom line is that some things may cost more, my life may have some inconveniences but that is nothing that can't be weathered. It's part of life and "getting on with it"!

At the end of the day, it is an individual problem and one that nobody as yet knows the scale or scope of. So forgive me if I don't quite start tulipting myself just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    I am just completely baffled about why people keep going on about No Deal (apart from fear-mongering liars who wish to spook everyone). Nobody wants No Deal. The EU have offered deals all along (Norway/Norway+, Canada/Canada+ etc). The EU have hinted they are only to pleased to let things drag on for as long as necessary to get an agreement. The UK would gain nothing but heartache by choosing to ignore the deals on offer.

It's not going to happen. We'll leave at some stage. We'll have a lot favourable trade agreements with EU countries.

No you'll won't. EU countries don't trade individually, they trade as one block. Really.. I'm mean do really believe that we'll have individual agreements with EU countries or are you just winding me up?

Canadian officials announced the launch of negotiations on 6 May 2009, the negotiations were concluded in August 2014, and signed on 30 October 2016.

Yes I'm sure the UK will have a deal all stitched up in 6 months (keeping in mind the party couldn't even agree amongst themselves in the last 2-years - dear @£$ what a cluster @£$@£)
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Mere propaganda. You should be listening to Bozo Johnson (rich boy with a mediocre Oxbridge degree in Classics), Liam Fox (failed doctor, expenses fiddler), and Michael Gove (degree in English from Oxbridge). Because they have started businesses, traded far and wide, employed people, dealt with complicated supply chains and know what they're talking about. Oh wait ....
                      I would rather listen to you as you clearly know what you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X