• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU kills Chequers Plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Dual nationality. And thankfully virtually all my assets out of sterling. Can you imagine what will happen to the pound when a hard Brexit happens?
    The markets will have factored that scenario in by now. I can imagine what could happen to the Euro when the next big default occurs though...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

IMHO the pound is overvalued right now, Brexit or not.
      A weaker pound will benefit jam, tea and biscuit exports.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        A weaker pound will benefit jam, tea and biscuit exports.
        However, it might just make whatever you're smoking these days a tad more expensive...

(We import tea, in case you hadn't heard.)
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          However, it might just make whatever you're smoking these days a tad more expensive...

(We import tea, in case you hadn't heard.)
          Get with the agenda. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...f-britains-br/

British classics like tea, jam and biscuits could provide a major boost for the economy
          Katie Morley
          18 OCTOBER 2016 • 7:06 PM
          British jam, tea and biscuits will be at the heart of Britain's Brexit trade negotiations, the Government has said, as it unveiled plans to sell food to other countries to boost the economy.

Comment

Dual nationality. And thankfully virtually all my assets out of sterling. Can you imagine what will happen to the pound when a hard Brexit happens?
            it's gone up since You fecked off
            can't you do a proper job of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              British jam, tea and biscuits will be at the heart of Britain's Brexit trade negotiations, the Government has said,
              Given that Her Majesty's Daily Telegraph were pretty anti-Brexit from the start, I'm not surprised they settled on a "joke headline" for what is otherwise a fairly bland story. Jam, tea and biscuits do not appear in any of the quotes from ministers, so it's a fine example of news fakery. I'm not surprised a gullible halfwit like you enjoys re-cycling it though.

Comment

Which EU country has a village with such a vacancy, I wonder...?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  This is just another case of the EU punishing the UK because they're worried about losing their cash cow and other member states demanding to leave. The demise of the EUSSR is just around the corner.....
                  Why do you guys keep falling for the lie that the EU is punishing us? WE chose to leave, they aren't kicking us out. WE are the ones demanding that THEY change, even though WE'VE leaving the club.

The EU don't have to agree to anything if they don't want (just like we don't). They can offer us Norway, or Canada, or Switz, or something new, or nothing at all. We can chose to accept any of these. If we don't agree with each other then it's a cliff. It's quite simple. Nothing to do with being 'punished' as the right wing press will have you believe.

And yes, they are protecting their club, and why shouldn't they? We will also protect our club, and that is our prerogative. Why do the arrogant Brexiters think they have the right to change how the EU works just because they don't like the rules?

And the end of EU around the corner? Highly unlikely. The new trade deals the EU is pulling together, allowing all EU27 to trade openly with countries they would not be able to if they were independent, will ensure these countries stay in the EU. EU countries (including us) prosper within the EU - why would they want to leave when life is better in than it will be outside? Only idiots (or those lied to by sly, rich, individuals who want to profit from the chaos) would vote to leave.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Why do you guys keep falling for the lie that the EU is punishing us? WE chose to leave, they aren't kicking us out. WE are the ones demanding that THEY change, even though WE'VE leaving the club.

The EU don't have to agree to anything if they don't want (just like we don't). They can offer us Norway, or Canada, or Switz, or something new, or nothing at all. We can chose to accept any of these. If we don't agree with each other then it's a cliff. It's quite simple. Nothing to do with being 'punished' as the right wing press will have you believe.

And yes, they are protecting their club, and why shouldn't they? We will also protect our club, and that is our prerogative. Why do the arrogant Brexiters think they have the right to change how the EU works just because they don't like the rules?

And the end of EU around the corner? Highly unlikely. The new trade deals the EU is pulling together, allowing all EU27 to trade openly with countries they would not be able to if they were independent, will ensure these countries stay in the EU. EU countries (including us) prosper within the EU - why would they want to leave when life is better in than it will be outside? Only idiots (or those lied to by sly, rich, individuals who want to profit from the chaos) would vote to leave.
                    Methinks TestMangler was being sarky. He's not one of the cretins.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Methinks TestMangler was being sarky. He's not one of the cretins.
                      Oh, I dunno...Whorty on the other hand, I know so...

You should be seriously worried about your new EU village idiot status. Still, all competition is good competition, surely...

Comment

Working...
                      X