• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU kills Chequers Plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Methinks TestMangler was being sarky. He's not one of the cretins.
    Fair enough, sarcasm is hard to spot sometimes online.

My post stands though to the other cretinous Brexidiots who pray to the alter of the Daily Fail and their high lord all powerful Rees Moggness.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Oh, I dunno...Whorty on the other hand, I know so...

You should be seriously worried about your new EU village idiot status. Still, all competition is good competition, surely...
      I do indeed live in a village, in an area that voted 65% out ..... I feel there will be a hell of a lot of competition to win the village idiot competition here given I'm surrounded by Brexidiots.

Do you have any hints and tips to give me an edge to win the title? What tactics did you go for ..... or was voting to leave the EU the icing on the cake when you won your village idiot title?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I do indeed live in a village, in an area that voted 65% out ..... I feel there will be a hell of a lot of competition to win the village idiot competition here given I'm surrounded by Brexidiots.

Do you have any hints and tips to give me an edge to win the title? What tactics did you go for ..... or was voting to leave the EU the icing on the cake when you won your village idiot title?
        I went for the "there are about 4 members of the 27 that are vaguely solvent, and therefore subsidising everyone else, and how long is that going to last" sort of angle, in addition to the "who the **** elected the winkers in charge" approach. I appreciate you may have fallen for the "Project Fear" propaganda, some people who used to be important put that case quite well, but that doesn't make them right, and it didn't work out so well for them in the end. Call me a Brexidiot Gammoneerist all you like, it simply reinforces how right I was back then and still am right now...

Btw, the "village idiot" reference wasn't directed at you, but if read the history and still think it was, there's always an opening somewhere for a blind idiot with an on-loan brain-cell. Shame it didn't come with instructions...
        Last edited by Mordac; 29 July 2018, 00:56.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Fair enough, sarcasm is hard to spot sometimes online.

My post stands though to the other cretinous Brexidiots who pray to the alter of the Daily Fail and their high lord all powerful Rees Moggness.
          It shouldn't have been in that post

Everyone knows you don't butter a scone......
          Last edited by TestMangler; 29 July 2018, 13:15.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            It shouldn't but given the level of stupidity on here, sadly one can't tell anymore.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Everyone knows you don't butter a scone......
              Who doesn't butter a scone?!? I do prefer good thick cornish cream but when I'm going 'healthy' I'll slaver butter on rather than unhealthy clotted cream.

Comment

I went for the "there are about 4 members of the 27 that are vaguely solvent, and therefore subsidising everyone else, and how long is that going to last" sort of angle, in addition to the "who the **** elected the winkers in charge" approach. I appreciate you may have fallen for the "Project Fear" propaganda, some people who used to be important put that case quite well, but that doesn't make them right, and it didn't work out so well for them in the end. Call me a Brexidiot Gammoneerist all you like, it simply reinforces how right I was back then and still am right now...
                Unfortunately for Brexiters, Project Fear = Project Reality. Maybe not everything that was predicted, but certainly a high proportion of the negative side of Brexit is coming to fruition.

Conversely, there are no positive stories or outcomes being reported from Brexit. I'm all ears if you have any at all (and "we're taking back control" isn't hard, facts it's just a soundbite). Come on Mordac, you believe in Brexit so much so sell it to us. Explain how we will be better off after Brexit. Where will the benefits come from (please don't refer to the bus)? Convince us why you voted Brexit, but remember we don't buy the 'less foreigners' argument, we need something a bit more substantial to work with.

Comment

UK post Brexit

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/688846...-brexit-plans/

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

... it simply reinforces how right I was back then and still am right now...
                    So I take it you're in favour of "Hard a.k.a. real Brexit", as I am?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                      And a good summary of the situation in the Guardian.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X