• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump: Brexit plan 'will probably kill' US trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Obama before the referendum
    Trump before negotiation with parliament and the EU

Yes I see a difference, but it's still interfering in domestic politics trying to influence it, so I don't see why gammons aren't boiling red of outrageousness at the moment
    Well, I believe the gammons were outraged by the suggestion, that Obama was trying to sway swing voters to the Remain side by commenting BEFORE the vote.

Trump comments being after said vote, cannot really affect the voters who already voted, can they?
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Absolutely, and they both displayed how pathetic our position is. However, Obama was "Anti-Brexit", hence his lambasting in the press. Trump should also be seen as Anti-Brexit, but it's actually being displayed as "Anti May's Proposal" so that it aligns nicely with the MP's who want her to crash.
      FTFY

Yes, but the point about the timing of the comments is very pertinent, to the requisite level of outrage, no?
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        FTFY

Yes, but the point about the timing of the comments is very pertinent, to the requisite level of outrage, no?
        I think the timing changes what point they're making and why - but I disagree that Obama was wrong and Trump was right. When you've got a bunch of people saying "Relax, we're going to make a deal with the USA" and the USA says "Uh, whoa, I'm not so sure about that" - it's not interfering. It's giving people the facts to make a decision,

Comment

Actually Trump just confirmed what Obama said, You will be bottom of the pile

Comment

Well if you believe what Trump said in the interview then he is interfering:

I told Theresa May how to do Brexit but she wrecked it — the US trade deal is off, says Donald Trump.
            In an extraordinary intervention timed to coincide with his UK visit, Mr Trump said Theresa May ignored his advice by opting for a soft Brexit strategy.
            Questioned on Boris’s comments at a private dinner two weeks ago that Mr Trump “would go in bloody hard” if he was negotiating Brexit, the President swiftly replied: “He is right.”

He added: “I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn’t agree, she didn’t listen to me.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Well if you believe what Trump said in the interview then he is interfering:
              It's hard to put into words how much I just hate that man, everything he stands for and everything he does.

Comment

The UK should stand up to Trump by subbing Prince Andrew for Brenda for afternoon tea.

Comment

I love you, I really do. Please give us a free trade agreement otherwise we're stuffed...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    Trump comments being after said vote, cannot really affect the voters who already voted, can they?
                    You mean our sovereign parliament that is yet to vote on the proposed deal? Those voters?

It’s fairly simple at it’s base. Either attempting to influence a sovereign country’s democratic process is acceptable, or it is wrong.

It’s not the fact that it has happened that is the issue, it’s the hypocrisy from our right-wing sections of the press.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      The UK should stand up to Trump by subbing Prince Andrew for Brenda for afternoon tea.
                      I just want Phil the Greek to come out with one of his famous quotes, possibly something to do with orange, hair, immigrant wife or maybe just pleb...

Comment

Working...
                      X