• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bojo resignation letter response from TM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Of course it was a lie. Do you think it wasn't a lie?
    I don't think it was a lie, as it was a suggestion/potential option offered by Leave campaigners, with no guarantee of being selected by a government.
    (The words 'let's give' were used, not 'we will give' - people will say that is pedantry, but it's not.)

Although it appears as though TM is going to select that option, as one area where some of the Brexit dividend will go, in the future.
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      I don't think it was a lie, as it was a suggestion/potential option offered by Leave campaigners, with no guarantee of being selected by a government.
      (The words 'let's give' were used, not 'we will give' - people will say that is pedantry, but it's not.)

Although it appears as though TM is going to select that option, as one area where some of the Brexit dividend will go, in the future.
      Do you believe that the statement, 'We send the EU £350 million a week' was a lie?

Comment

Do you believe that the statement, 'We send the EU £350 million a week' was a lie?
        https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/trans...ngbrexitdebate

"The UK Statistics Authority concluded on 21 April 20163 that the use of the £350 million figure, which was a gross figure and did not take into account the rebate or other flows from the EU to the UK public sector (or flows to non-public sector bodies), alongside the suggestion that this could be spent elsewhere, without further explanation, was potentially misleading."

No need for beliefs.

HTH
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/trans...ngbrexitdebate

"The UK Statistics Authority concluded on 21 April 20163 that the use of the £350 million figure, which was a gross figure and did not take into account the rebate or other flows from the EU to the UK public sector (or flows to non-public sector bodies), alongside the suggestion that this could be spent elsewhere, without further explanation, was potentially misleading."

No need for beliefs.

HTH
          Tell me, do you believe the statement was a lie. You didn't answer the question.

Comment

Tell me, do you believe the statement was a lie. You didn't answer the question.
            I've already told you, beliefs are not required.

There are some facts and statements made by relevant authorities.

Perception and/or belief doesn't alter reality.

It was potentially misleading.

HTH BIDI
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

I've already told you, beliefs are not required.

There are some facts and statements made by relevant authorities.

Perception and/or belief doesn't alter reality.

It was potentially misleading.

HTH BIDI
              Facts are facts and lies are lies, but I'm interested in what you believe. It's fascinating, in its own way.

Don't you believe it was more than merely potentially misleading? The rebate component of this notional £350 million per week is never 'sent'. Don't you believe that this makes it a lie?

Comment

Facts are facts and lies are lies, but I'm interested in what you believe. It's fascinating, in its own way.

Don't you believe it was more than merely potentially misleading? The rebate component of this notional £350 million per week is never 'sent'. Don't you believe that this makes it a lie?
                Yes.

Now, would you agree, if £364M/week extra money is eventually given to the NHS, that the suggestion part (not the premise) of the side of the bus would have been delivered? - I'm interested in what you believe
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Yes.
                  Thank you.

Now, would you agree, if £364M/week extra money is eventually given to the NHS, that the suggestion part (not the premise) of the side of the bus would have been delivered? - I'm interested in what you believe
                  No, I belive that the promise (or whatever) of the bus has not been fulfilled, and here is why.

Whether you take the wording on the bus or on the poster, there is no £350 million per week to give to the NHS.

Imagine (for the sake of simplifying the argument, although I accept that the eventual amount and sources of funding may be complex than this) that the government decided to raise taxes by £350 million per week to give to the NHS. That is not funding the NHS instead of sending £350 million per week to the EU, nor is it giving the NHS £350 million per week that was previously being sent to the NHS. It is just giving £350 million per week to the NHS.

Comment

Thank you.

No, I belive that the promise (or whatever) of the bus has not been fulfilled, and here is why.

Whether you take the wording on the bus or on the poster, there is no £350 million per week to give to the NHS.

Imagine (for the sake of simplifying the argument, although I accept that the eventual amount and sources of funding may be complex than this) that the government decided to raise taxes by £350 million per week to give to the NHS. That is not funding the NHS instead of sending £350 million per week to the EU, nor is it giving the NHS £350 million per week that was previously being sent to the NHS. It is just giving £350 million per week to the NHS.
                    Thanks.
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Thanks.
                      Not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X