• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Questions

You could answer like Boris or just bury your head in the sand:

http://www.britishchambers.org.uk/Br...rd%20Final.pdf
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Let Go of the Soft Brexit Dream

It's sad that people keep asking these questions.

We were in the EU so we could do all the 24 things. We're not going to be in the EU anymore , so - prima facie - we won't have any of these. People have got to start facing up to realities.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      .. People have got to start facing up to realities.
      Why? I enjoy my delusional state.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Why? I enjoy my delusional state.
        Is it called Ing-er-land?

Comment

24 Questions

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          It's sad that people keep asking these questions.

We were in the EU so we could do all the 24 things. We're not going to be in the EU anymore , so - prima facie - we won't have any of these. People have got to start facing up to realities.
          Our politicians though continue to insist that everything will be fine. Soundbites with no actual detail on what businesses can expect.

If the answer to all these questions is “no”, then businesses need to prepare. Preparation costs money, that might otherwise be spent on R&D, expansion, marketing, wages. If there is any possibility that the answer to some of the questions is “yes” then they don’t need to waste money in those areas.

Larger businesses that need more time are already preparing by moving EU branches to the mainland. Smaller businesses may not have that luxury.

Comment

And these are just the questions for business.
            For the millions of EU citizen in the UK and British citizen in the EU similar list exist questions about
            healthcare, pensions, right to remain, taking mortgages, right to work, risk of splitting up families, voting rights, access to benefits and public services, etc etc

Comment

Working...
            X