• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More reasons to boycott Wetherspoons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    And the ones who are 80?
    Are you for real and genuinely this thick? You get upset when Brexiters are considered dim for not being able to see the lies from their masters, and how Brexit will be bad for them, and then you suggest 80 years olds were in the war and stormed the beaches of France.

Come on dude, take your shoes and socks off, get your fingers out, and do a little maths. Go on, try to work out how old those who are 80 today were during the second world war.

As for LondonManc who liked your post, FFS .... between you both, you really do show up the intelligence of Brexidiots. I despair, I really do.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Alcoexit

A lot of businesses are run by raving brexiteers. Brexit is a right wing idealogy and businessmen are more that way inclined. You can't boycott goods and services because you don't like people's political views. That's not sensible or practical.

Wetherspoon is still amazing at serving (some) beers at low prices. However over time their choice has dwindled and it's now very difficult to get beer of adequate strength (ie 6%+). They have Innis & Gunn on tap. In Tesco it's 6.5%; in Wetherspoons it's about 4.6%. Even my village pub has a choice of ciders of 7-8.5% strength. Wetherspoons: all weak stuff.

That is truly shameful.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        A lot of businesses are run by raving brexiteers. Brexit is a right wing idealogy and businessmen are more that way inclined. You can't boycott goods and services because you don't like people's political views. That's not sensible or practical.

Wetherspoon is still amazing at serving (some) beers at low prices. However over time their choice has dwindled and it's now very difficult to get beer of adequate strength (ie 6%+). They have Innis & Gunn on tap. In Tesco it's 6.5%; in Wetherspoons it's about 4.6%. Even my village pub has a choice of ciders of 7-8.5% strength. Wetherspoons: all weak stuff.

That is truly shameful.
        Has 'spoons stopped selling Old Rosie??? Not been in one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Are you for real and genuinely this thick? You get upset when Brexiters are considered dim for not being able to see the lies from their masters, and how Brexit will be bad for them, and then you suggest 80 years olds were in the war and stormed the beaches of France.

Come on dude, take your shoes and socks off, get your fingers out, and do a little maths. Go on, try to work out how old those who are 80 today were during the second world war.

As for LondonManc who liked your post, FFS .... between you both, you really do show up the intelligence of Brexidiots. I despair, I really do.
          I liked the spirit of the post and I didn't vote Brexit and am neither for or against Brexit. That part I've made clear on here ever since the referendum in 2016.

I'm pro-Britain but not in the rabid Tommy Robinson way. I want what's best for the country, simple as that. I want to be proud of our country but it's rapidly turning to tulip. If Brexit is best for the country, great; if it isn't, then you've got to look at the politicians who failed to educate the voting masses as to why it isn't. Unfortunately they were too busy giving the BS warning that Brexit would cause World War 3.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Imagine someone from Germany / France of recent African decent walking into that place asking for a glass of Champagne.

A hate filled enclave.
            But enough about your house....
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              I liked the spirit of the post and I didn't vote Brexit and am neither for or against Brexit. That part I've made clear on here ever since the referendum in 2016.

I'm pro-Britain but not in the rabid Tommy Robinson way. I want what's best for the country, simple as that. I want to be proud of our country but it's rapidly turning to tulip. If Brexit is best for the country, great; if it isn't, then you've got to look at the politicians who failed to educate the voting masses as to why it isn't. Unfortunately they were too busy giving the BS warning that Brexit would cause World War 3.
              Not true. That quote came from Boris, on the Leave side. But I do understand your general point.

The trap that you’re falling into is that you’re only holding the politicians to account for the negative side. This was provided often enough but was dismissed as “Project Fear” by the Leave side, who deliberately didn’t provide any costs or negative impacts of Brexit and only promised sunlight uplands and the EU knocking our door down to do a trade deal.

Let me rephrase your sentence:
              If Brexit is best for the country, great; if it isn't, then you've got to look at the Leave politicians and campaigners who promised everything would be great but didn’t warn us of the costs involved.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Not true. That quote came from Boris, on the Leave side. But I do understand your general point.
                But isn't it remarkable that the cretins appear to genuinely believe that:

Unfortunately they were too busy giving the BS warning that Brexit would cause World War 3.

Comment

The Leave campaign didn't use fear they had a much more positive message:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

If politicians hadn't warned about the consequences of Brexit they wouldn't have been doing their job.

They ran a good campaign but the British have been "brain washed" by the press, no campaign however brilliant can reverse decades of ingrained stupidty.

I'm in favour of Brexit because it gets the UK out of everyone's hair and we can all enjoy the spectacle from the comfort of our continental armchairs.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      The Leave campaign didn't use fear they had a much more positive message:

And the straight lies, remember.

Comment

Working...
                      X