• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain will be "fully prepared" for leaving the European Union without a deal.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Growth of .5% for the first half of 2018 alongside:

economic threats from rising fuel costs, stagnant real wages, Brexit uncertainty and a reluctance amongst firms to invest in the UK.
    I guess that does constitute good news considering what is down the track.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Who you trying to convince?
      I'm sure your mate Trump will give the UK a great deal to compensate for loss of trade with the EU.....oh wait ......
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Europe told NOT to use UK parts

In order to be able to export goods to other countries EU manufacturers won't be able to use UK manufacturers as they need to satisfy local content rules.

oh dear, oh deary me, oh deary deary me
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 June 2018, 10:28.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

In order to be able to export goods to other countries EU manufacturers won't be able to use UK manufacturers as they need to satisfy local content rules.

Someone needs to tell those "welders in Sunderland". I propose unixman for the job.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Or you know seeing as these rules are made up by the Eu they could you know like change them so it does not have an impact?

Maybe?

Or would that actually involving thinking and making things better rather than just saying computer says no - which i think was one of the main contributing factors to the brexit vote.

??

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Or you know seeing as these rules are made up by the Eu they could you know like change them so it does not have an impact?

Maybe?

Or would that actually involving thinking and making things better rather than just saying computer says no - which i think was one of the main contributing factors to the brexit vote.

??
              Oh diddums, the piteous Brexiter would like to have his cake and eat it
              There's a reason for the rules you know.
              Once you leave your golf club do you write a letter to the Club secretary asking if he could please change the rules to include you now and then?
              Fooking pathetic.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe?

??
                Hard of thinking again.

The Rules of Origin percentages are included in the EU’s FTAs and bilateral agreements, they can’t just unilaterally change them, they would need to renegotiate every single agreement with the 3rd parties. And nobody is that crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Hard of thinking again.

The Rules of Origin percentages are included in the EU’s FTAs and bilateral agreements, they can’t just unilaterally change them, they would need to renegotiate every single agreement with the 3rd parties. And nobody is that crazy.
                  I see what you did there
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe?

??
                    They have no choice, the US will come down on them like a ton of bricks if they don't satisfy local content rules.

This is what you call an own goal by the UK.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

By the way all this was predicted by the "Experts".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X