• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free to make our own trade deals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free to make our own trade deals

But not necessarily deals that are better than the ones we currently have via the EU.

Is “the same deals but worse” the new U.K. independent trade policy?

https://www.ft.com/content/8f0724b8-...2-d6ceb45fa9d0

So reading between the lines - Japan are going to negotiate with Britain for a trade deal

which may or may not be better or worse than the one Japan has with the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      So reading between the lines - Japan are going to negotiate with Britain for a trade deal

Reading between the lines, Britain holds all the cards and can have its cake and eat it.

Comment

Ahh, this is the Brexit modus operandi and since there is only blank space between the lines, this is what we are going to get in the end - a whole lot of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          Ahh, this is the Brexit modus operandi and since there is only blank space between the lines, this is what we are going to get in the end - a whole lot of nothing.
          Mirroring what is between their ears.

Comment

Trade deals are not always beneficial, sometimes is best to not have them.

Regardless, it will be the responsibility of the UK to negotiate our trade deals, not the EU, which for many people is the point.

Comment

Just post this again, maybe one day it will sink in:

In which case why is Germany China’s largest trading partner? EU rules don’t prevent any member state from trading outside the EU. That’s how France can do more trade with the US than the UK does. What holds Britain back are domestic issues like our low productivity, our lack of investment in skills and the fact that we don’t make enough of what the world wants to buy. “Global Britain” is a slogan, not a policy.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Trade deals are not always beneficial, sometimes is best to not have them.

Regardless, it will be the responsibility of the UK to negotiate our trade deals, not the EU, which for many people is the point.
                For many people the point is to have worse trade deals, as long as they are negotiated by the U.K? What a great way to run a business.

Personally, if I think an external professional will get me a better deal I’m happy to use them, rather than cut off my nose to spite my face.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  For many people the point is to have worse trade deals, as long as they are negotiated by the U.K? What a great way to run a business.

Personally, if I think an external professional will get me a better deal I’m happy to use them, rather than cut off my nose to spite my face.
                  well okay then - sell your business, let someone else make all the decisions

and give them 350 million a week for the privilege?

Comment

well okay then - sell your business, let someone else make all the decisions

and give them 350 million a week for the privilege?
                    The business hasn’t been sold, it’s belonged to me all along. I get an input into all business decisions, and a veto on those I don’t like.

And if the economic return is tenfold then yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X