• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some Tory voters will accept Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Of course he can't. He can only resort to alt-right rhetoric. Seems the new insult is calling those who voted remain as radicalised, trying to suggest we're like radicalised terrorists. Fits their MO, if you're not with them you must be a commie or a terrorist
    You, specifically, have been radicalised. I wouldn't say that about most remainers around here, not even sasguru. You're the one demonstrating yourself to be a tremendous bigot, implying that "all" leavers are aligned with Britain First. You're angry and disconsolate, bereaved almost. You'll never reconcile yourself to the majority view of the UK electorate. Moreover, since they don't hold your "esteemed" opinion, they must be idiots and/or racist. Truly pathetic. Seriously, you should read some of the stuff you write. A little critical self-awareness would help no end.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      You, specifically, have been radicalised. I wouldn't say that about most remainers around here, not even sasguru. You're the one demonstrating yourself to be a tremendous bigot, implying that "all" leavers are aligned with Britain First. You're angry and disconsolate, bereaved almost. You'll never reconcile yourself to the majority view of the UK electorate. Moreover, since they don't hold your "esteemed" opinion, they must be idiots and/or racist. Truly pathetic. Seriously, you should read some of the stuff you write. A little critical self-awareness would help no end.
      Ok, this is what I wrote ....
      "Most of my old school friends voted out, many of my family voted out. I saw their daily posts and rants on Facebook throughout the run up to the vote - some so vile I de-friended quite a few people. Sharing of 'Britain First' posts - the favourite of Brexit voters."

This was factually correct and based on what I personally saw during the run up to the vote. Not one or two brexit voters sharing the Britain First posts, but pretty much all of them that I was connected to on social media. As a leave voter you may not like to hear that a lot of your fellow out voters are also supporters of Britain First, but I guess the truth hurts.

So, to correct your misinformation, at no point did I say "all" leave voters are aligned to Britain First. I said the majority of the ones I was connected to on social media. A fair few, probably about 50-60 old school friends who all professed to voting out and I removed all but about 3 of them NOT because they voted out but because of their sharing of BF posts. The leave voters who didn't share that rubbish I am still connected to.

And to give you a bit more fact, the majority of the electorate did not vote out. The majority of English who voted chose out, but in Scotland, NI and London the majority of voters are minded like me and voted remain. The majority of Britain did not vote out.

But nice try making out I'm the bigot although, if finding Britain First posts and those who share them repulsive is bigotry, then yes I'm a bigot. Presumably using the same logic, as you'd argue you're not a bigot you don't find Britain First posts repulsive? I don't actually expect you to answer this, by the way, as you only seem capable of deflecting questions.
      Last edited by Whorty; 6 March 2018, 21:43.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Sharing of 'Britain First' posts - the favourite of Brexit voters.
        It's right there. You can backtrack, squirm, reinterpret, feign some nuance that wasn't the thing you said, but the thing you said is above. Not the favourite of the Brexit voters you mix with, or mixed with. "The favourite of Brexit voters." My analysis of what you implied above is both precise and accurate. And the sorry question at the end of your rant is further evidence of that. Again, pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Ok, this is what I wrote ....
          "Most of my old school friends voted out, many of my family voted out. I saw their daily posts and rants on Facebook throughout the run up to the vote - some so vile I de-friended quite a few people. Sharing of 'Britain First' posts - the favourite of Brexit voters."

This was factually correct and based on what I personally saw during the run up to the vote. Not one or two brexit voters sharing the Britain First posts, but pretty much all of them that I was connected to on social media. As a leave voter you may not like to hear that a lot of your fellow out voters are also supporters of Britain First, but I guess the truth hurts.
          I'm with Whorty on this one. Prior to the referendum even being announced, all was nice and quiet on social media with friends and family. However, once it was announced it was amazing to see the bigotry of people come to the fore, in particular people who you once thought as pretty liberal. As the days go on in this seemingly never ending farce, the attitude of these people is getting worse.

I would suspect that prior to any mention of an EU referendum the majority of Leave voters never gave a thought about the EU. Yes, it was there in the background but wasn't of any significance and as far as they were aware, didn't make any impact on their daily lives. Once the topic came up and then was announced, the Eurosceptics and their right wing media (run by 5 rich tax exiles) went into overdrive, creating their own Project Fear through lies and manipulation. The problem is, that most people never bothered to check on this nor did they do any research before blindly leaping into the abyss like Lemmings. Upon meeting with the 3 people who have admitted to me they voted Brexit, every one of their arguments was shot down with plain and simple facts (and in one case with a threat of bodily violence to me because the person didn't like the truth.) I think you will find it is the majority of the 26% of the electorate who voted to leave have been radicalised.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I'm with Whorty on this one. Prior to the referendum even being announced, all was nice and quiet on social media with friends and family. However, once it was announced it was amazing to see the bigotry of people come to the fore, in particular people who you once thought as pretty liberal. As the days go on in this seemingly never ending farce, the attitude of these people is getting worse.

I would suspect that prior to any mention of an EU referendum the majority of Leave voters never gave a thought about the EU. Yes, it was there in the background but wasn't of any significance and as far as they were aware, didn't make any impact on their daily lives. Once the topic came up and then was announced, the Eurosceptics and their right wing media (run by 5 rich tax exiles) went into overdrive, creating their own Project Fear through lies and manipulation. The problem is, that most people never bothered to check on this nor did they do any research before blindly leaping into the abyss like Lemmings. Upon meeting with the 3 people who have admitted to me they voted Brexit, every one of their arguments was shot down with plain and simple facts (and in one case with a threat of bodily violence to me because the person didn't like the truth.) I think you will find it is the majority of the 26% of the electorate who voted to leave have been radicalised.
            3 people > extrapolated to > 26% of the electorate

Wow, do you compete in the Olympics with jumps that large?
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              3 people > extrapolated to > 26% of the electorate

There maybe more than 3 but reading is obviously not your forte:

who have admitted to me they voted Brexit
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There maybe more than 3 but reading is obviously not your forte:
                Ok try this;

3 people who voted brexit > extrapolated to > 26% of the electorate

Not sure you understood my post
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Ok try this;

3 people who voted brexit > extrapolated to > 26% of the electorate

Not sure you understood my post
                  Not sure you understand anything, much like the person in your avatar

Comment

Once the topic came up and then was announced, the Eurosceptics and their right wing media (run by 5 rich tax exiles) went into overdrive, creating their own Project Fear through lies and manipulation.
                    The knots into which you’ve tied yourself and truly Gordian. It’s intellectually curious how some remainers decry the lies and spin from the rightwing media (I dare say anything right of The Canary is rightwing to you) and then routinely engage in the same sort of lazy generalisations and bigotry they perceive to have won the referendum. Intellectually curious.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      The knots into which you’ve tied yourself and truly Gordian. It’s intellectually curious how some remainers decry the lies and spin from the rightwing media (I dare say anything right of The Canary is rightwing to you) and then routinely engage in the same sort of lazy generalisations and bigotry they perceive to have won the referendum. Intellectually curious.
                      So you don't decry the lies and spin of the right wing media? Thought so, basically explains it all really

Comment

Working...
                      X