• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carney says Brexit already costing UK economy £10B per year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Funny that. It's almost as though they are in an echo chamber sucking up the "Anti-BREXIT" media line and accepting it without question because it validates their own view.

Whereas in the real world people are just getting on with life.

Don't you think that it's funny that "Post-Ref", how important politics and political decisions are held up to be? Like it's the decisions that politicians make ( of all stripes and across the world ) that make the difference between having a person having a good life and living on the breadline.

Pre-Referendum most people would have said "Politics does not affect my life in any major way"

I think for the vast majority of people, it's the decisions that they make on how they educate themselves, how they present themselves, their own personal ambitions and the things they aspire to that makes the majority of the difference in their lives.

My own success or failure is 99% down to me.
    While that’s partly true (education, etc) I think you’ll find that for most of us on this forum we’ve been interested in political decisions for some time. From BN66, through IR35, via EBTs, dividend tax changes, etc, political decisions for a lot of us have an impact on the way that we do business.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      What don't you understand from his link?
      He's a brexiter, he doesn't understand facts, just soundbites on the side of buses
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The UK was lucky to be in a period of world wide economical growth during and after the referendum. If there was just a little or no growth the consequences of the referendum outcome would have been devastating. The impact is there now and visible as Carney rightly says, but brexidiots experience it as no impact, because there is still growth, but what they conveniently ignore is that the growth in most other economic powerhouses is twice that of the UK or even better
        Or as the BBC constantly spin it:

"Figures released today are much better than predicted, despite Brexit"

"Figures released today are much worse than predicted, due to Brexit"

Comment

Brexit is going well, helped by the fact that it isn't really happening.

Government pushing to extend the Transition period beyond 2021

I'm alright Jack

Comment

or depending on your outlook.

Shouldn't be surprised, it's what they do with hard decisions, kick them into the long grass and then down the road for as long as they can.

Look at how they've handled the finances since the 2008 meltdown with seemingly perpetual 'emergency' low interest rates.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              He's a brexiter, he doesn't understand facts, just soundbites on the side of buses
              Rude. And in fact wrong.

I am a remainer.

But I'm over it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                Rude. And in fact wrong.

I am a remainer.

But I'm over it.
                That is Whorty's stock in trade.

He could get hold of the wrong end of the stick if it only had one end!!

But don't upset him though.....he once confronted a plooky teenager that had strayed onto his property. Urban Warrior or what?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  You have to make some serious allowances for Eirikur.

He hails from a country whose greatest hero achieved that accolade simply by sticking his finger in a dyke!! Oooerr missus!

It is funny that the Dutch have flooding completely under control whereas the Brits get flooded after every rain shower

Comment

It is funny that the Dutch have flooding completely under control whereas the Brits get flooded after every rain shower
                    aye, - right.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      aye, - right.
                      Glad you agree

Comment

Working...
                      X