• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteers won the vote but lost the war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In spite of the key cabinet positions being held by ardent Brexiteers, Brexit is clearly failing.

Hardline Brexiteers are only being indulged by Theresa May, with plans for a soft Brexit already coming together.

The Irish border row late last year highlighted how Brexit was quickly changing, said broadcaster Matthew Parris, an MP for West Derbyshire from 1979 to 1986.

He said much like a big fish caught on a line, Brexiteers were being allowed to tire themselves out before they were reeled in.
    I'm alright Jack

But hardline Brexiteers are in the minority. Fewer hardline Brexiteers than remainers, I would suggest.

So that's OK then.
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Recently watched ; "The Darkest Hour", some of you might like to watch it, it's a cracking film given the amount of appeasers there were around at that time (didn't want to fight and roll over, into what would have eventually meant the British all living, under Nazi rule), I see remoaners as those yellow bellied types.

Am I being too harsh..?
      Last edited by bulltraderpt; 16 January 2018, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
        Recently watched ; "The Darkest Hour", some of you might like to watch it, it's a cracking film given the amount of appeasers there were around at that time (didn't want to fight and roll over, into what would have eventually meant the British all living, under Nazi rule), I see remoaners as those yellow bellied types.

Am I being too harsh..?
        I think living under Brexiteer rule comes pretty close to living under Nazi rule

Comment

Am I being too harsh..?
          No, you're just flipping the argument, which tends to be the MO of the alt-right. Always trying to project the blame onto others, refusing to do anything to fix the problem - apart from blaming others.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            I think living under Brexiteer rule comes pretty close to living under Nazi rule
            Watch out, snowflake Brexiters hate being reminded of the truth.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Your contention started off at a low ebb and went downhill from there.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Am I being too harsh..?
                It was crap, over-hyped nonsense, like Brexit...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  It was crap, over-hyped nonsense,
                  But, to be fair, it did come at a time when there was a real dearth of films about Churchill.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    But, to be fair, it did come at a time when there was a real dearth of films about Churchill.

HTH

But in the film he didn't go 'Oh Yesss!' once.....

Comment

Working...
                    X