• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Battle of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of Brexit

Hammond refuses to rule out staying in the Customs Union after transition

The cabinet seem to be in complete disarray. Can't help feeling that letter to Nissan is worrying a few ministers.

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Hammond refuses to rule out staying in the Customs Union after transition

The cabinet seem to be in complete disarray. Can't help feeling that letter to Nissan is worrying a few ministers.

I’d like to think that this was part of the strategy, to keep the EU guessing so that we don’t “show our hand”.

But given that this was one of Teresa May’s Red Lines that she was so explicit on, let’s not attribute to strategy that which can be more easily explained by incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      I’d like to think that this was part of the strategy, to keep the EU guessing so that we don’t “show our hand”.

But given that this was one of Teresa May’s Red Lines that she was so explicit on, let’s not attribute to strategy that which can be more easily explained by incompetence.
      I may have been too harsh in my reply. It seems that he hasn’t ruled out being in “a” customs union (small letters) with rEU, rather than being in “the” Customs Union as per May.

Don’t think there’s anything to see here, nothing new then - this is as per the Phase I Agreement.

Comment

Working...
      X