• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK first - Poland next

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need to move quickly. I suggest the EU act decisively and make decisions on behalf of the poles. Lets call it Blitzkrieg!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      we need to move quickly. I suggest the EU act decisively and make decisions on behalf of the poles. Lets call it Blitzkrieg!
      Isn't it Austria before Poland?

Comment

Just as I thought, the Leavers on here are in favour of right wing totalitarian governments. Lucky for them, they'll be having one soon
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Just as I thought, the Leavers on here are in favour of right wing totalitarian governments. Lucky for them, they'll be having one soon
          Korbyn is right wing?

At that extreme there is little difference anyway....

Comment

we don't which is why we voted to leave the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              we don't which is why we voted to leave the EU.
              Now that is the best joke I've heard this year....

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Now that is the best joke I've heard this year....

hmm just because they still haven't organised it, oh sorry they didn't think about it until after Brexit like the EU NAAFI building.

https://euobserver.com/justice/138939

A European intelligence agency would take too long to set up and distract from the urgent work currently needed to tackle terrorism, said the European Commission.

Julian King, the EU commissioner for security, told reporters on Thursday (7 September) that terrorists won't wait for the removal of all the political and legislative barriers before such an agency could be established.

King too busy to consider plans for EU intelligence agency (Photo: EC - Audiovisual Service/Photo: Georges Boulougouris)
                "I have to tackle the problems that we face right now. The terrorists are not waiting for us to review the treaties, they are not waiting for a constitutional discussion in Germany," he said.

luckily they depend on us to provide them with intelligence. When we can trust them with it.

Similar calls for the creation of an EU intelligence agency have also been made by the leader of the European Parliament's liberal group (Alde), Belgian MEP Guy Verhofstadt.

But such plans are often seen as far-fetched given the secretive nature of national intelligence agencies and their reluctance to share information over broader fears it may get leaked, or disclose the sources.

Last year, a former agent at the EU's police agency, Europol, accidentally leaked some 700 pages of data on 54 different police investigations.

The EU has an intelligence analysis centre, known as Intcen, but is unable to gather its own intelligence. Most of its work is based on classified briefs, which it receives from a number of member states' national intelligence agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Although I hate the EU, they did seem to be attempting to save Poland from a dictatorship.
                  People of Poland actually voted for these guys. And it seems to be doing wonders to the economy (at a cost to freedom which people seem to be happy to give - they haven't fought for it- grandfathers did and it's pretty irrelevant in times of globalisation).
                  In the fast autocratic ruling did well for the countries involved - see Germany before WWII or more recently China.
                  It's crazy, but we're only dealing with realistic options here...

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                    People of Poland actually voted for these guys. And it seems to be doing wonders to the economy (at a cost to freedom which people seem to be happy to give - they haven't fought for it- grandfathers did and it's pretty irrelevant in times of globalisation).
                    In the fast autocratic ruling did well for the countries involved - see Germany before WWII or more recently China.
                    It's crazy, but we're only dealing with realistic options here...
                    aye, - Right!

heute die welt morgen das sonnensystem

is this bawbag for real?? FFS

Comment

Working...
                    X