• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally, we're discussing trade!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating interpretation. What aspects of that article, in particular, hinted at the Swiss-style nature of the deal?

How does one negotiate an FTA that isn't "bespoke"?

What would that "generic" FTA look like?

Quivering with tremulous anticipation

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Fascinating interpretation. What aspects of that article, in particular, hinted at the Swiss-style nature of the deal?

How does one negotiate an FTA that isn't "bespoke"?

What would that "generic" FTA look like?

Quivering with tremulous anticipation
      In that financial services will be thrown into the mix, that won't come for nothing, guess what pound of flesh the UK will have to pay.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Not during the transition

1 year to sign over 50 trade deals
        Er, you've misunderstood.

Is it your contention that everyone, up to this point, believed that all of the existing third-country trade deals struck by the EU would somehow apply, automatically, to the UK during the transition, once we're no longer an EU member state?

You haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Er, you've misunderstood.

Is it your contention that everyone, up to this point, believed that all of the existing third-country trade deals struck by the EU would somehow apply, automatically, to the UK during the transition, once we're no longer an EU member state?

You haven't been paying attention.
          Does what I think change the fact that the UK has to now be "blackmailed" by 50 countries to get their deals done.

What is Liam's cunning plan then, please do show us.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

In that financial services will be thrown into the mix, that won't come for nothing, guess what pound of flesh the UK will have to pay.

Gosh, that told me. Financial services in an FTA implies a Swiss-style arrangement. You've missed your calling.

Comment

Does what I think change the fact that the UK has to now be "blackmailed" by 50 countries to get their deals done.

What is Liam's cunning plan then, please do show us.

Liam's cunning plan is to sign infinity trade deals "the second we leave".

Liam Fox promises to sign 40 free trade deals the 'second after' Brexit - Business Insider

Still, whether or not Liam is an idiot seems to be independent of whether or not you are, er, less than optimally informed.

Comment

Liam's cunning plan is to sign infinity trade deals "the second we leave".

Liam Fox promises to sign 40 free trade deals the 'second after' Brexit - Business Insider

Still, whether or not Liam is an idiot seems to be independent of whether or not you are, er, less than optimally informed.
                Liam Fox's trade negotiations are a complete f** up

The senior Conservative had promised in October that he would have up to 40 of the trade deals ready for use “one second after midnight” on March 20, 2019 but now appears to be struggling.
                classic!

I'm alright Jack

Comment

classic!

Indeed. If there's one thing on which we can probably all agree, it's that HMG - in whose participation Liam Fox deserves special mention - is thicker than the bastwerd child of sas and scootie.

Comment

Working...
                  X