• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

By 2030, our relationship with Europe will be repaired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By 2030, our relationship with Europe will be repaired

By 2030, our relationship with Europe will be repaired – it will be as though Brexit never happened | The Independent

I got to

Europeans will still have jobs in the UK, though there may be more Americans, Canadians and Australians in the skills mix.
    before realising it was a puff piece written for Brexiters rather than a serious analysis. It might as well say “don’t worry, no brown people, only white people like you being let in after Brexit”.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      I got to

before realising it was a puff piece written for Brexiters rather than a serious analysis. It might as well say “don’t worry, no brown people, only white people like you being let in after Brexit”.
      At what point has Brexit been about the colour of peoples skin?

You fooking racist bigot.

Comment

Immigration was one of, if not the most, important factor in the Brexit vote.
        Yet immigration appears to have disappeared completely from the debate (both in parliament and the press).

You can just see the sweeping away of that problem, under the carpet, over the next 18 months.
        They'll claim success as immigration falls (due to economic decline not rules) and then as the economy recovers we'll be back where we were with high immigration, only having lost 20 years of growth (instead of just the 10 caused by the bankers).
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I got to
          We have had immigration from all over the world, including India and Africa - nothing to do with the EU. Brexit was not about skin colour. Immigration that can't be planned and is considered too high by many was probably one of the factors but to say it's about race, well that's stupid.

Comment

I got to

Isn't the majority of the European racial demograhic 'white people' though?

Does that make remainers racist?
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              We have had immigration from all over the world, including India and Africa - nothing to do with the EU. Brexit was not about skin colour. Immigration that can't be planned and is considered too high by many was probably one of the factors but to say it's about race, well that's stupid.
              so hating the French for being, well, French, isn't racist?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                so hating the French for being, well, French, isn't racist?
                I like the French, I often spend time there. I like the Germans also and the Polish.

So you now have gone from "brown" skin to the French to fit your racist argument.

Comment

Hopefully I will enter a coma until 2030.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I like the French, I often spend time there. I like the Germans also and the Polish.

So you now have gone from "brown" skin to the French to fit your racist argument.
                    not really. I only dislike the French (and not actually really that much). I think immigration is a good thing.

So I'm not supporting any argument. I just wonder whether given the skin colour argument hating French is racist or not.

Given that skin colour is a very minor part of the differences in various human geno-types then it's not a good way to be racist if you want to be either. Better to choose cultural differences to attach bigotry to, there's facts and stuff to back that up.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X