• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Countdown Timer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Or there will be a united Ireland.

Which would solve the issue. Get rid of NI, that reduces the number of MPs to 632, which means the Torys have exactly 50% of the MPs.
    Leave the people in NI to their own fate, but the New UK doesn't need to care about them.
    The people of NI will never accept a €0.76 Lemsip sachet like we have in the South.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      The people of NI will never accept a €0.76 Lemsip sachet like we have in the South.
      well then they will have a cold, then. Great Britain will not care, because NI will be part of the EU, so it's irrelevant.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        well then they will have a cold, then. Great Britain will not care, because NI will be part of the EU, so it's irrelevant.
        For the first time in Irish history, because of Brexit, a significant number of Protestants would prefer to be part of the Republic
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          For the first time in Irish history, because of Brexit, a significant number of Protestants would prefer to be part of the Republic
          Not quite - they'd prefer to be part of the EU

Comment

Do you have a source for that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Do you have a source for that statement?
              I heard this on R4 while I was driving, it is based on a recent opinion poll. However, a quick Google points to other references some of which go back to just after the 2016 referendum. It also states a record number of NI citizens of both faiths are applying for Irish passports.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I heard this on R4 while I was driving, it is based on a recent opinion poll. However, a quick Google points to other references some of which go back to just after the 2016 referendum. It also states a record number of NI citizens of both faiths are applying for Irish passports.
                The passport is not the same thing.

Comment

Part of the reason for the passport is about getting into countries like the US, and other places. Some see Ireland as less of a right wing “kill all foreigners” threat than the UK, so they welcome Irish citizens,while being less friendly to UK ones.

Comment

That's not what I said

Comment

That's not what I said
                      So it is irrelevant to your original point.

Comment

Working...
                      X