• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wow just wow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow just wow

Facebook creates 800 jobs as it opens new London office - BBC News

Facebook is opening a new London office that will allow it to create 800 new UK jobs in 2018.
    By the end of next year about 2,300 people will work for the social media company in the UK.
    The office will be Facebook's biggest engineering hub outside the US, and opens during its tenth year in the UK.
    Nicola Mendelsohn, Facebook's Europe, Middle East and Asia vice-president, said the company was "more committed than ever to the UK".
    She said Britain's "entrepreneurial ecosystem and engineering excellence" made it an ideal location for technology firms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets have the remainers poo-poo the UK for a while. At least it will keep you away from the decent folk in general.....

The UK does have a massive surplus of yoofs wiv meeja studies degrees kinda like.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Shame facebook is nearly dead now...

Comment

Seeing as there is so little computer studies / science done here now finding these skilled youngsters may be a problem.

They will then bring a load of Indians in
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Facebook won't bring Indians here - there is no need and its cheaper to keep their Indian employees in India.

This is for their European millennial workforce as facebook are finding that their workforce will happily come to London but elsewhere in Europe few cities have the appropriate appeal.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Facebook won't bring Indians here - there is no need and its cheaper to keep their Indian employees in India.

This is for their European millennial workforce as facebook are finding that their workforce will happily come to London but elsewhere in Europe few cities have the appropriate appeal.
            You are sadly correct.

it actually makes me quite sad
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The problem is that those who will mostly have their jobs displaced by Brexit will not find employment in the 800 vacancies at Facebook.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Not sure why this is in the Brexit forum though? It's not as if they are increasing staff in the UK because of Brexit. 800 jobs is positive news, indeed, though I doubt it wouldn't get as much attention if it was an anonymous logistics company that no one has heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                  Not sure why this is in the Brexit forum though? It's not as if they are increasing staff in the UK because of Brexit. 800 jobs is positive news, indeed, though I doubt it wouldn't get as much attention if it was an anonymous logistics company that no one has heard of.
                  I suspect an anonymous logistics company isn't paying 800 workers £60k or so each - it may seem a lot but California rates for a grad with 2 years experience would be $170k with $100k in shares on top...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                    Not sure why this is in the Brexit forum though?
                    Just to keep the remoaners busy and away from decent folk. Since the Brexit forum implementation (which I initiated and forced through) we have swapped assguru for MarkyMark. The cretinous index of CUK has reduced vastly. I would like this trend to continue.

Now we just need to swap NLyUK for SupremeSpod......

Comment

Working...
                    X