• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish border issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish border issue

Ireland can just rejoin the UK. Simples.

Very funny
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Very funny
      As funny asIreland suggestion the UK has to remain part of the custome union.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Or the UK can get out of the island of Ireland. You’ve been asked enough times, got the hint yet?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Or the UK can get out of the island of Ireland. You’ve been asked enough times, got the hint yet?
            Can Scotland get out of the island of Britain? No, they cannot, even if they try.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Can Scotland get out of the island of Britain? No, they cannot, even if they try.

They can just dig a moat where Hadrian's Wall is.

How wide does the water ditch need to be before it's classed as separated from the mainland?
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Or Northern Ireland can join the Republic? Would make a lot more sense in the long run as the Unionists will be outnumbered soon enough. The UK will be an economic wasteland in a few years anyway so its in the best interests of the country. I can see Scotland joining with Ireland in a new Celtic Union that is a member of EU and is the English speaking gateway to the European market. Hopefully corporations wont be put off investing in the region due to its proximity to it's notoriously unstable neighbour where everyone is subsisting on Jam exclusively due to overproduction based on the hope that they would corner the global market (food is now too expensive to import due to the worthless pound and the Farmers forgotten how to farm due to over reliance on CAP for too many years).

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
                  Or Northern Ireland can join the Republic? Would make a lot more sense in the long run as the Unionists will be outnumbered soon enough. The UK will be an economic wasteland in a few years anyway so its in the best interests of the country. I can see Scotland joining with Ireland in a new Celtic Union that is a member of EU and is the English speaking gateway to the European market. Hopefully corporations wont be put off investing in the region due to its proximity to it's notoriously unstable neighbour where everyone is subsisting on Jam exclusively due to overproduction based on the hope that they would corner the global market (food is now too expensive to import due to the worthless pound and the Farmers forgotten how to farm due to over reliance on CAP for too many years).
                  Sounds like a plan. Like I said before, pay off the Unionists in NI to relocate to England. Money solves everything if there's enough chucked about.

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
                    ... Farmers forgotten how to farm due to over reliance on CAP for too many years).

Farmers will switch to growing magic mushrooms underneath the solar panels they're covering their fields with. Then everyone can live with their head in the clouds, the brexit dream.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X