• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Chaos in the Conservative Government'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I'm happy to give you a bit longer to work it out for yourself, but if you need a hint, let me know.
    Nah, you're alright. I'm now certain you misread it.

The study is statistically INsignificant (i.e. not causal), due to the reasons I posted (please note, the figure of 0.03% is not a 'P' value).
    I then told you NOT to ascribe causation from the study.

Now, if you need a little time to re-read my posts, go ahead - I'll wait
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      Nah, you're alright. I'm now certain you misread it.

The study is statistically INsignificant (i.e. not causal), due to the reasons I posted (please note, the figure of 0.03% is not a 'P' value).
      I then told you NOT to ascribe causation from the study.

Now, if you need a little time to re-read my posts, go ahead - I'll wait
      I'm going to help you here. Statistical significance would suggest correlation, but not necessarily correlation. So 'i.e. not causal' doesn't really make sense.

Now you need to think about the role of % in determining statistical significance in the sample and population sizes described. Come back and tell us what the statistical significance is (in whatever way you wish to express it).

Comment

May grovelling in Brussels today promising a further 20 billion

May to increase the UK's offer to the EU

EU will simply bank any new promise from May and then demand more, without agreeing to move talks on to the trade deal that the U.K. wants, according to a person familiar with the matter.
        Absolutely, the final bill will be closer to 60 billion and then a further 28 billion for the transition deal.

The general view in Europe is that Brexit is the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X