• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone else fed up with smug Brexiteers boasting about how great Brexit is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You're sounding like Donald Trump, i.e. not making any sense.

The government have committed to increase the spending on preparing for Brexit over four fold. They are increasing the spend on Brexit preparation by more than they are increasing the spend on the NHS.

...and you think it's all one big joke.
    You used the words 'rather than'

Would you like me to explain their definition?
    (So it's you, that isn't making 100% sense )

You need to seek help over your remainer symptoms, namely; anger, fear, anxiety & frustration

Well, as other posters in other threads have pointed out, the NHS isn't the all-singing, all-dancing party that it is claimed to be - and in fact, some posters wanted the abolition of it, in its current form - so I would assume those posters are more than happy to see not as much of their tax going towards it, and instead going towards preparations of Brexit.

and, all governments are a joke, or hadn't you noticed?
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

The government have committed to increase the spending on preparing for Brexit over four fold. They are increasing the spend on Brexit preparation by more than they are increasing the spend on the NHS.

The point is it is a big joke.

You just need to look at it from the right angle.

Comment

I assumed part of Brexit spending was training more nurses.

Maybe its just cotton wool to wrap up DD when he trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          You used the words 'rather than'

Would you like me to explain their definition?
          (So it's you, that isn't making 100% sense )
          As I stated in English, the government would waste money rather than invest it.
          If they did not waste £3billion on preparation for Brexit, they could have invested that into the NHS.

Maybe if it was written on the side of a big red bus you'd believe it then?
          Instead of spending another £3billion on preparations for Brexit, why not give that money to the NHS?
          But rather than giving the NHS an extra £60 million a week, the government would prefer to waste it, not on Brexit, not on the consequences of Brexit, but on "preparations for Brexit"
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            The only good reason for staying in the EU was the problems involved in splitting.

Comment

As I stated in English, the government would waste money rather than invest it.
              If they did not waste £3billion on preparation for Brexit, they could have invested that into the NHS.

Maybe if it was written on the side of a big red bus you'd believe it then?
              Instead of spending another £3billion on preparations for Brexit, why not give that money to the NHS?
              But rather than giving the NHS an extra £60 million a week, the government would prefer to waste it, not on Brexit, not on the consequences of Brexit, but on "preparations for Brexit"
              They are doing both. How many times do you need it pointing out?
              (Although preparing for Brexit being a waste is your opinion, not a fact - governments always waste money)

It's strange that you think there should be no money reserved for preparing for Brexit, which at the moment could be anything in a range of scenarios. (and that you think the preparations somehow won't include preparations for the consequences of Brexit )

So let's ensure you clearly state your position:
              1. Do you believe the UK should be unprepared for Brexit?
              2. Do you believe money spent preparing for Brexit is a waste of money?
              3. Do you believe £2.8Billion going to the NHS doesn't constitute investment in the NHS?

My answer to all 3 questions is 'No' - how about you?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
              X