• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: David Davis says the EU must compromise too

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit: David Davis says the EU must compromise too

David Davis has said the EU must be willing to give ground too if further progress in Brexit talks is to be made.

He told the BBC the UK has "been offering some creative compromises and not always got them back", insisting that "nothing comes for nothing".

Many EU countries want to move on in the talks because they can see how it important it is to their economies, he told political editor Laura Kuenssberg.

But he said this needed support from 27 nations, including Germany and France.

The EU says negotiations cannot move on to trade until questions about the UK "divorce bill", citizens' rights and Northern Ireland are resolved.

Brexit: David Davis says the EU must compromise too - BBC News

Must???

Barnier used to have croissants for breakfast but now he has David Davis
    Tim Farron

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Tim Farron

Who is he and what did he achieve again?

Oh yes, former LD leader who lost seats and votes on the back of a Pro-EU GE manifesto
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        David Davis has said the EU must be willing to give ground too if further progress in Brexit talks is to be made.

He told the BBC the UK has "been offering some creative compromises and not always got them back", insisting that "nothing comes for nothing".

Many EU countries want to move on in the talks because they can see how it important it is to their economies, he told political editor Laura Kuenssberg.

But he said this needed support from 27 nations, including Germany and France.

The EU says negotiations cannot move on to trade until questions about the UK "divorce bill", citizens' rights and Northern Ireland are resolved.

Brexit: David Davis says the EU must compromise too - BBC News

Must???
        Well I suppose he's assuming that they don't want to put themselves at any disadvantage compared to BRICS and the US by not agreeing a deal, which will impose costs on their side too (not just ours).

But you are correct, they could and they probably would.
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Well I suppose he's assuming that they don't want to put themselves at any disadvantage compared to BRICS and the US by not agreeing a deal, which will impose costs on their side too (not just ours).
          UK won't be able (or would want) to have a deal with UK that could undermine their deal with EU. Same with BRICS.

Comment

Don't worry, German business leaders are going to save us. When they've finished laughing...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ish-gentleman/

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Don't worry, German business leaders are going to save us. When they've finished laughing...

David Davis fails to convince German business leaders over Brexit free trade deal
              Why aren't they bending over?! Boris said they would!

Comment

Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
                Why aren't they bending over?! Boris said they would!
                Forgive me if I find the opinions of rich people who want to stay rich as being pretty irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Forgive me if I find the opinions of rich people who want to stay rich as being pretty irrelevant.
                  You mean Boris, Jacob, David, Nigel, etc?

Yup, I agree, they are totally irrelevant and out of touch with normal people. I can't understand how they managed to trick so many into believing their lies in a referendum and a year later in an election.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X