• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit - How do you define a negotiation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    C4 is pro-EU in my opinion bit like the Guardian. But there is nothing in that article that is not new. Personally, I think if we have committed to EU funding and it's reasonable to do so then we should honor that. No big deal. However, it's correct that it should be assessed.
    I agree with that last bit. The problem we have as genpub is that we only get to see a figure bandied about. We have no idea what details are being discussed behind closed doors by the civil servants, or what is being agreed on a line by line basis by Davis / Barnier.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      I agree with that last bit. The problem we have as genpub is that we only get to see a figure bandied about. We have no idea what details are being discussed behind closed doors by the civil servants, or what is being agreed on a line by line basis by Davis / Barnier.
      Yep, I agree, would be nice to see the breakdown - I imagine somewhere on that list is a future bill for champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Yep, I agree, would be nice to see the breakdown - I imagine somewhere on that list is a future bill for champagne.
        Only partially offset by Davis's whiskey bill. Allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          So we have found 40 billion down the back of the sofa (as in reality that is not a huge amount of money) we can give it to the EU to see if that stimulates them to start actual adult negotiations.

May be 'trivial' in the grand scheme of future UK/EU trading profit to the UK, but when many people are feeling the real world cutbacks and increased council taxes for less local services, the headline figures are bound to raise yet more ill feeling towards a government that has been absolutely pathetic in their attempts to manage the people's vote for brexit so far.

Shame we have to wait until the next election to be allowed a vote of no confidence.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            May be 'trivial' in the grand scheme of future UK/EU trading profit to the UK, but when many people are feeling the real world cutbacks and increased council taxes for less local services, the headline figures are bound to raise yet more ill feeling towards a government that has been absolutely pathetic in their attempts to manage the people's vote for brexit so far.

Shame we have to wait until the next election to be allowed a vote of no confidence.
            Oh great vote for Labour.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Oh great vote for Labour.
              yes unfortunately - the grass isn't greener.......

Comment

Working...
              X