• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We are still in the EU though aren't we?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are still in the EU though aren't we?

UK manufacturing growth was stronger in October, says PMI survey - BBC News

It was the fifteenth consecutive month of expansion for the sector, and will fuel debate over whether the economy is ready for an interest rate rise.

The news sent the pound to its highest against the dollar since early October.

And by 2040 the UK may reach 2006 GDP levels again.

Comment

Yes we are still in the EU.
      https://www.theguardian.com/business...d-trade-europe

It's difficult to see what your point is?
      I suspect you don't have one.
      Your logical skills are so poor, you must be a really shit developer.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        And by 2040 the UK may reach 2006 GDP levels again.

Still, Ireland has more than passed its pre-crash peak.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Yes we are still in the EU.
          https://www.theguardian.com/business...d-trade-europe

It's difficult to see what your point is?
          I suspect you don't have one.
          Your logical skills are so poor, you must be a really shit developer.
          The point is all good news is spun as "whilst we remain in the EU" and all bad news is spun as "due to Brexit"

So if it's sunny and warm tomorrow I know it is because we are still in the EU...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            The point is all good news is spun as "whilst we remain in the EU" and all bad news is spun as "due to Brexit"

So if it's sunny and warm tomorrow I know it is because we are still in the EU...
            So what do think of the fact that exports are rising because the EU is buying more from us?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

So what do think of the fact that exports are rising because the EU is buying more from us?
              Stocking up before the duty and vat get slapped on a few years!

Comment

My advice to newbies is to check on Google before asking such basic questions otherwise you may find yourself getting toasted , oh sorry you already have.
                Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Actually, from the article he quoted at the top, it's the domestic market for manufactured goods that is rising:

The report said the UK domestic market was the prime source of new manufacturing orders. However, growth of the consumer goods sector fell to a seven-month low as new contracts eased.
                  This is probably due to the weak pound, making the local supply chain more cost effective.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Actually, from the article he quoted at the top, it's the domestic market for manufactured goods that is rising:

This is probably due to the weak pound, making the local supply chain more cost effective.
                    And from my link, the EU is also buying more. So it's a combination of both.
                    But what it isn't is the UK selling to the rest of the world, which we are told by the more stupid Brexiters is to be our mainstay of trade going froward.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X