• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Great article by Michael:

Brexit failing
    Indeed. Like Marxist economic theory, Brexit must be implemented at whatever cost, economically.
    The Tory far right (and UKIP) are no different to the Labour far left.
    Both have a religious zeal for their ideas, anyone who disagrees and wants to pursue a pragmatic middle of the road strategy is a "saboteur" or "traitor".
    The language is a dead giveaway, Brexiters are now using identical language to Lenin in early 20th century.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Indeed. Like Marxist economic theory, Brexit must be implemented at whatever cost, economically.
      The Tory far right (and UKIP) are no different to the Labour far left.
      Both have a religious zeal for their ideas, anyone who disagrees and wants to pursue a pragmatic middle of the road strategy is a "saboteur" or "traitor".
      The language is a dead giveaway, Brexiters are now using identical language to Lenin in early 20th century.
      indeed.

Hartley-Brewer SAVAGES Hammond's 'treasonous' assault on Brexit | UK | News | Express.co.uk

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        The sinister side of Brexit is that despite the EU lying about becoming a Superstate with its own Army & government, with a little bit of luck we will get German police (admittedly we need to improve their handling of sex offences) or UK police not the spanish (more on them later).

They have publicly gone on record saying they want to punish us for having the audacity for leaving.

We can assume the punishment beatings will continue. Seems Bojo was right months ago and the Spanish proved it.

The EU has caused some of our worst food scares.

Many countries ignore the rules and illegally favour their own business. Plenty of countries in the EU are considered world leaders at corruption.

Half of Eastern Europe has moved here to hold the wages down and repatriate money to make their countries richer.

half of Africa has moved to Europe.

Yet you want to stay, I reckon its Stockholm syndrome.
        Funny that - a list of points all of which are factually incorrect and reveal more about the stupidity and paranoia of the poster than anything else.
        Basically the problem with Brexiters is that, on the whole, they're thick as mince.
        Going to have to agree with sas on that one. Maybe vetran would like to back up all of his statements with real facts rather than posting a Daily Mail link?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Feck me the Express has become worse than Pravda at its peak.
          Does that stupid bint even understand what "treason" is?
          How on earth has Britain ended up this way?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Support for Brexit draining away

YouGov’s regular tracker on whether people think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union. 42% of people now think that Brexit was the right decision, 47% think it was the wrong decision. The five point lead for “wrong” is the highest that YouGov have shown in this question since they started tracking it after the referendum.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Believe it or not I spoke to a Brexiter the other day who regrets his decision.
              What's his solution? To vote for Corbyn since he'll help deal with the Brexit economic chaos.
              Left me speechless.
              Stupidity of that nature is too deep to be adequately comprehended.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Any one think it’s odd that an impartial civil service is running polls about this?

The civil service don’t want to deal with this. It’s too hard.

Comment

Funny that - a list of points all of which are factually incorrect and reveal more about the stupidity and paranoia of the poster than anything else.
                  Basically the problem with Brexiters is that, on the whole, they're thick as mince.
                  ah I see the Bremainer Nah nah nah I'm not listening gambit....

good to see.

Which fact would you like to challenge?

1.The EU don't want a superstate, they didn't try to do it by stealth?
                  2. EU & Remainers didn't try to deny their ambitions for an army and political wing?
                  3. The EU didn't support Government sponsored Brutality in the Catalan elections?
                  4. Dutch Egg contamination (UK lion mark eggs are considered the safest in the world apparently), EU horse Beef
                  is a fantasy? etc.
                  5. Both France & Spain ignore certain regulations and follow protectionist methods. Germany just allows its car makers to blatantly lie.
                  6. International reports on corruption suggest Spain & Italy are in the top 20 countries for Corruption.
                  7. Millions from the EU mainly from Eastern Europe now live in the UK.
                  8. Even Merkel realises she has over done it when a far right party takes second place, France is the same.

sorry these must be alt facts .
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    Any one think it’s odd that an impartial civil service is running polls about this?

The civil service don’t want to deal with this. It’s too hard.
                    not to be confused with UKGov, YouGov is a private marketing co. which correctly predicted the GE,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouGov

doesn't look good, MP's are set to ensure "no deal" will not be an option, which basically means the UK will be frog marched by the EU into an indefinite transition deal which will continue until demographics produces a pro-EU majority.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      ah I see the Bremainer Nah nah nah I'm not listening gambit....

good to see.

Which fact would you like to challenge?

1.The EU don't want a superstate, they didn't try to do it by stealth?
                      2. EU & Remainers didn't try to deny their ambitions for an army and political wing?
                      3. The EU didn't support Government sponsored Brutality in the Catalan elections?
                      4. Dutch Egg contamination (UK lion mark eggs are considered the safest in the world apparently), EU horse Beef
                      is a fantasy? etc.
                      5. Both France & Spain ignore certain regulations and follow protectionist methods. Germany just allows its car makers to blatantly lie.
                      6. International reports on corruption suggest Spain & Italy are in the top 20 countries for Corruption.
                      7. Millions from the EU mainly from Eastern Europe now live in the UK.
                      8. Even Merkel realises she has over done it when a far right party takes second place, France is the same.

sorry these must be alt facts .
                      The UK is leaving the EU so it will never be part of a superstate. However it is now abundantly clear that the UK will be an "appendage" and EU laws and regulations will be rammed down its throat for the forseeable future. This is far worse than being part of a Superstate where the UK could vote all the laws down if it so choosed to, as basically the UK will become a Satellite state of the EU rather like Puerto Rico. Parliament will spend most of its time having huge rows with a small Euro-sceptic rump about the laws and regulations they will be forced to swallow.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 15 October 2017, 13:26.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X