• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Brexit Thread from Someone who Didn't Vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Let us be absolutely clear: nobody voted for tariff-free trade. It wasn't on the ballot paper.

The looney right are slipping in this nonsense because they know if half the population is so stupid they would vote Yes then they can be hoodwinked on any other barmy idealogy.

Tariff free trade is not a good thing.
    We voted to leave the EU and the implication that the government of the day would negotiate our withdrawal.

This is interesting about EU tariffs on Africa;
    African Farmers Are Condemned To Poverty By The Morally Repugnant EU, Says Brexit-Backing MP James Cleverly | HuffPost UK
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Bullies pick on people they think are weak and will not fight back.

As soon as you stand up to a bully they normally go away - mainly because in the real world that often means a humiliating beating for the bully and a loss of perceived power.

As obviously we cannot go around beating the tulip of other posters so a simple insult should suffice.
      Maybe in your case, you're simply a sad little alt-right cocksniffer, so the abuse is entirely deserved. I do see of course that your 'I'm being bullied' refrain aligns neatly with the alt-right inadequate white male persecution complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

The looney right are slipping in this nonsense because they know if half the population is so stupid they would vote Yes then they can be hoodwinked on any other barmy idealogy.

I think we should let the looney right rip.
        Get Bozo in power with Gove as his right hand man and let's rock and roll.
        The entertainment value would be sublime.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I think we should let the looney right rip.
          Get Bozo in power with Gove as his right hand man and let's rock and roll.
          The entertainment value would be sublime.
          I vote Jacob Rees Mogg for the health portfolio.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            I vote Jacob Rees Mogg for the health portfolio.
            Priti Patel as Chancellor of the Exchequer, Gove as Home Secretary

Shouldn't do things by halves, let's go "peak cretin".
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Michael Fabricant for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Let’s break it down and I will try to use small words.
                If someone is supplying a product in the UK which is required to meet a standard, then evidence must be printed on the product or the packaging to prove it meets that standard.
                The majority of standards the UK uses are actually International or European ones, e.g. BS EN12195 is a standard that is European. If the code contains EN then it is a European standard, if it contains ISO or IEC it is international.
                That’s the majority of the standard used in the UK.
                One of the reasons why the UK has adopted European standards is because it makes the manufacture and supply of goods easier globally for businesses wishing to supply Europe, including the UK.

There are a few - and I will repeat this because you’ve ignored it before - a few standards that are not used by Europe but are used by the UK. These tend not to be in the manufacturing and supply of goods. I have given an example of BS1192 which is about how technical drawings should be drawn. This includes information such as “THRO” is the British Standard in drawings as an abbreviation for “THROUGH”
                ISO 13567 is the international standard for computer aided design layers.

So, to repeat, there are a few standards used in the UK which are UK specific. Most standards the UK uses for the manufacturing and supply of goods are European ones.

I was going to go on and try to explain to you again what this means to currently trading businesses, but if you don’t understand the basics, you’ll not be able to understand the impact that they have on businesses in the UK or businesses that supply to the UK.
                "I previously wrote about us ALL assuming too much, for instance, wasn't there a proposal that we may stay inside the CEN and therefore most, if not all of your point is moot?"

and

"we're likely to assimilate most of the EU instruments" - meaning we meet the currently defined market regulations and exporters currently have to stamp it CE.

If this isn't possible, or agreed - then yes, the UK will have to look at helping businesses adjust to the changes - but I'm sure we'd accept the CE mark for the vast majority of goods on day#1 after Brexit, whilst the UK specific scheme is rolling out, at which point we can eventually rely on the UK-based scheme.

As for cba exporters - we spend money, they are free to supply goods to us, or not - voluntary nature of business, but the majority will be wanting a slice of our earnings.
                Basic Capitalism.
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Michael Fabricant for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
                  Iain Duncan Smith for Justice. He'd sort out the enemies of the people. Fooking independent judiciary, what a silly idea.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

In that case Boris is deputy, to you.

HTH
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Liam Fox for Health.
                      At least he could claim some faint knowledge and experience of that particular portfolio.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X