• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit DOOM™: London Has Falled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory Brexit DOOM™: London Has Falled

London house prices fall for first time in eight years as rest of UK rises

Average price of home in capital is £471,761, down 0.6% between July and September compared with same period last year

https://www.theguardian.com/business...st-of-uk-rises

The end is nigh!!!

Woohoo! Afforable homes for all!

#doubtfulinmylifetime

Comment

Poor f**ckers. I'll start a crowd funding website. Someone call the red cross and get them to airlift emergency pumpkin latté and guacamole supplies down there.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Average price of home in capital is £471,761, down 0.6% between July and September compared with same period last year

https://www.theguardian.com/business...st-of-uk-rises

The end is nigh!!!

Knew it couldn't be long, and I sold my London flat at pretty much the top of the market

(and my Devon place has gone up in value at least 30% since I bought it and have since made some renovations)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That's good because I'm looking for somewhere with a parking spot that's more convenient than my current one....

Comment

Just need the 1.3 million from my buyer and I'm Ok .....
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Knew it couldn't be long, and I sold my London flat at pretty much the top of the market

(and my Devon place has gone up in value at least 30% since I bought it and have since made some renovations)
              In what currency?

Comment

Who sold the Birmingham flat to atw at the top of the market?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  In what currency?
                  Lira?

Isn't his missus going to take the lot and bog off to Portugal. To "escape the tedious little twunt", "Even MF is better in bed than him" or did I mis-hear her the other night?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Poor f**ckers. I'll start a crowd funding website. Someone call the red cross and get them to airlift emergency pumpkin latté and guacamole supplies down there.

How stupid must you be to assume that what happens in London has no effect on where you are?
                    London generates 1/3 of total Uk tax take
                    London subs the regions

London is merely the canary in the coal mine, telling you what's going to happen to the whole UK economy in time.
                    And it's not good.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X