• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On this forum, as in society as a whole, Brexiters are on the thick end ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Oh look, ugly troll geezer is off on a roll again. I really do suspect that you're related to SB or maybe just his secret lover
    SB is a thick as mince Brexiteer, whereas I am a clever Bremainer. As an example of that rare 'thick as mince Bremainer' beast, you struggle to see that those who differ from you are not necessarily the same as each other.

Comment

Ah bless, the dotard with some completely irrelevant bollux
      Oh right, so the title of your thread and the link you posted in "support" of it was not relevant to your post. A most novel approach I have to say!

in an increasingly cognitively-demanding world (particularly in a non-manufacturing knowledge/services economy like the UK) who on earth do Brexiters expect to make the country great
      Another slight problem with your "logic" there is that easy access to cheap, low-skilled labour is a significant factor in our low productivity economy and has been for many decades. We have a much higher percentage in low technology jobs like cafes and hotel workers rather than in more advanced industries because these low paid workers make technology and innovation less necessary. If we opened our borders to Bangladesh, say, which direction do you think our economy would go? Do you imagine we'd get a boom in high tech. industries?

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ajor-economies

The rapid expansion of mainly low-level service jobs that carry low levels of pay is another reason. In France and Germany, the coffee shop and online delivery culture is still in its infancy by comparison with the UK. These are businesses that provide a valued but unsophisticated service with limited room for productivity improvements.

It means the UK has lower unemployment and a bigger workforce, with fewer people economically inactive than France – but lower productivity and lower pay.

In France, and to a lesser extent Germany, restrictions on working hours are other factors at play. For instance, widespread industrial pay bargaining and limits on redundancies make hiring workers a more costly proposition than in the UK. This encourages French and German firms to invest in the latest machinery and limit employment.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Which raises the question: in an increasingly cognitively-demanding world (particularly in a non-manufacturing knowledge/services economy like the UK) who on earth do Brexiters expect to make the country great, given that in general they can't work their way out of a wet paper bag?
        I think several of the guys that instigated Brexit drop more cash on beer snacks than you will earn in your entire sorry little career. It makes you look like an absolute cock-womble to call them out for being stupid when one of them owns more land than our queen and while you are struggling to sell your house just so you can run away.

Comment

Which raises the question: in an increasingly cognitively-demanding world (particularly in a non-manufacturing knowledge/services economy like the UK) who on earth do Brexiters expect to make the country great, given that in general they can't work their way out of a wet paper bag?
          Robots. We will make robots, 'innit?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            It makes you look like an absolute cock-womble to call them out for being stupid when one of them owns more land than our queen and while you are struggling to sell your house just so you can run away.
            Classic....
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think several of the guys that instigated Brexit drop more cash on beer snacks than you will earn in your entire sorry little career. It makes you look like an absolute cock-womble to call them out for being stupid when one of them owns more land than our queen and while you are struggling to sell your house just so you can run away.
              ouch!

Comment

It's true I'm merely a millionaire rather than a multi-millionaire.
                But if you're equating wealth with intelligence then surely Beckham is more intelligent than Einstein?
                Not to mention that your examples are the exception who prove the rule. Surely a simple concept to understand?
                And you call me a cock-womble?
                Thanks for proving my point.
                Last edited by sasguru; 25 September 2017, 18:27.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

But if you're equating wealth with intelligence then surely Beckham is more intelligent than Einstein?
                  Not to mention that your examples are the exception who prove the rule. Surely a simple concept to understand?
                  And you call me a cock-womble?
                  Thanks for proving my point.
                  But it seems that you are a millionaire just because you hit luck on property - and to be honest that's not something to celebrate just to be thankfully that you are intelligent and lucky enough to get out before the current insanity ends...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    But it seems that you are a millionaire just because you hit luck on property - and to be honest that's not something to celebrate just to be thankfully that you are intelligent and lucky enough to get out before the current insanity ends...
                    Indeed I've always acknowledged my luck. Although several of my peers seem to have pissed up their good fortune.
                    If the insanity ends in the right way i.e. a hard Brexit there may yet be oppos to become a multimillionaire.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes of course you are.............Walter!
                      But only if you convert your cash to matabele gumbo-beans!
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X