• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On this forum, as in society as a whole, Brexiters are on the thick end ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Is all this discord over Brexit just going to drag on for years and years?

Certainly seems that way.

Just wondering if I might just as well feck off abroad. Seriously sick of the whole thing, from both sides.
    It will drag on at least as long as it takes for Brexit to happen, so another 3+ years.

If we are to believe the front page of the Express, it’s the EU’s fault that Britain won’t leave on time, there won’t be a hard Brexit, and in fact we could be tied to Brussels for a decade or more.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It will drag on at least as long as it takes for Brexit to happen, so another 3+ years.

If we are to believe the front page of the Express, it’s the EU’s fault that Britain won’t leave on time, there won’t be a hard Brexit, and in fact we could be tied to Brussels for a decade or more.
      Diana's ghost told them, so it must be true.

Comment

Usual crap from the usual crap source:

a) Far more people go to university these days, it is just a trend, not an indication of knowledge or intelligence. Unless a degree is in some relevant subject, and most aren't, having a degree does not make one better informed on the EU issues.

b) Even if they do not have a degree, older people have more relevant knowledge, having seen what has happened over decades in pursuit of these Utopian dreams that ignore real concerns. Yugoslavia is a very good example.

c) Not to say there is not a correlation between success and views on the EU but that is just self interest, not down to some fabulous enlightenment. More educated people are not the ones being driven out of their jobs or seeing their wages frozen by an influx of cheap labour, not the ones who are finding it more difficult to find low cost rental accommodation or a school place for their kids. Nor do they experience the increase is some crimes either, although we aren't supposed to mention that.

d) Hardly surprising that more immigrants and ethnics voted remain. That is not some indication of a higher intellect either but only because our own society and history mean nothing to them. If it had been their own societies massively affected by similar issues you can bet they would have similar concerns.

Before we get the usual cretin stuff, I will point out that I got a 1st class honours in Chemical Engineering back when standards were rather higher, what did you get?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Usual crap from the usual crap source:

a) Far more people go to university these days, it is just a trend, not an indication of knowledge or intelligence. Unless a degree is in some relevant subject, and most aren't, having a degree does not make one better informed on the EU issues.

b) Even if they do not have a degree, older people have more relevant knowledge, having seen what has happened over decades in pursuit of these Utopian dreams that ignore real concerns. Yugoslavia is a very good example.

c) Not to say there is not a correlation between success and views on the EU but that is just self interest, not down to some fabulous enlightenment. More educated people are not the ones being driven out of their jobs or seeing their wages frozen by an influx of cheap labour, not the ones who are finding it more difficult to find low cost rental accommodation or a school place for their kids. Nor do they experience the increase is some crimes either, although we aren't supposed to mention that.

d) Hardly surprising that more immigrants and ethnics voted remain. That is not some indication of a higher intellect either but only because our own society and history mean nothing to them. If it had been their own societies massively affected by similar issues you can bet they would have similar concerns.

Before we get the usual cretin stuff, I will point out that I got a 1st class honours in Chemical Engineering back when standards were rather higher, what did you get?
          Ah bless, the dotard with some completely irrelevant bollux.
          The question was how will the poorly educated demographic cope with the knowledge economy?
          Got any answers?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Please don't. We like abroad as it is.

I tell you what, I am seeing a lot more British registered cars abroad these days

Milan.

Comment

Truth be told... if the IQ of the average Brexiter fell any further we'd have to water em twice daily.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Truth be told... if the IQ of the average Brexiter fell any further we'd have to water em twice daily.
                We already water you and darmy twice daily. I wouldn't bother with them.

Comment

milan is a hardy perennial weed. Doesn't need watering
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

They'll panic and hire scooter and darmy as consultants.
                    Oh look, ugly troll geezer is off on a roll again. I really do suspect that you're related to SB or maybe just his secret lover
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

At least we don't dribble piss all down ourselves like you and loverboy...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X