• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

**UK downgraded by Moody’s amid Brexit pressures**

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Florence and the Magical Thinking Robot?
    Is this part of the automation we've been warned about?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      +1 for someone who lives in Germany (mind you a lot of Munich is a dump) I really can't see why he's so bothered about the situation in the UK. Mind you with AfD rising so much.....
      It's a laugh n' it?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not convinced by the downgrade at all (and that's despite thinking leaving the EU is an enormous own-goal for the economy). Do they really think that the BoE / UK government is less likely to pay up on gilts? Really? It feels more like they feel a need to publically recognise that Brexit is a bad idea from an economic standpoint (for whatever reason), and this is the main mechanism they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
          Not convinced by the downgrade at all (and that's despite thinking leaving the EU is an enormous own-goal for the economy). Do they really think that the BoE / UK government is less likely to pay up on gilts? Really? It feels more like they feel a need to publically recognise that Brexit is a bad idea from an economic standpoint (for whatever reason), and this is the main mechanism they have.
          I agree.
          But, regardless, if the other ratings agencies follow, the UK government pays more on its debt.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I agree.
            But, regardless, if the other ratings agencies follow, the UK government pays more on its debt.
            It can just print the money to pay the extra interest....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              It can just print the money to pay the extra interest....
              You didn't really do a maths degree did you?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                Not convinced by the downgrade at all (and that's despite thinking leaving the EU is an enormous own-goal for the economy). Do they really think that the BoE / UK government is less likely to pay up on gilts? Really?
                The point is the UK going forward is now likely to be required to pay more on its debts, many of which are foreign owned. I've never understood how this helps, the economy needs to get on its feet and you charge more interest.

It'll not be long with people will look at 2008 until 2017 as the 'good years' with the Tories procrastinating with Brexit throughout.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

UK ordered to pay their bill

The UK is dragging its heels.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    UK ordered to pay their bill

The UK is dragging its heels.

Hard Brexit coming up !! Yay.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      I've never understood
                      We know. Stop labouring the fooking point jellyhead!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X