• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit talks cannot succeed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brexiteers voted for some vague notion.

Two things are now happening.

1) forum members are asking probing questions of how that would work (ie how exactly do you have your cake and eat it?)
    2) the merde is starting to hit the fan (GDP falling away from the EU trend, currency declining).

So what happens? The Brexiteers offer zero explanation of what they voted for or how anybody else could salvage anything from the ruins. But what they do do is resort to name calling and dissing anything anybody else says.

On here it's sad (as people have remarked) but of little consequence. On the World Stage it means most of our leaders are hiding ("don't look at me; I didn't start this) and those that are (somewhat unwillingly?) fronting up our shambles of a government are saying any old rubbish hoping everyone will blame the EU when it all blows up. They know there is no sensible way out of the mess.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      There seems to be life in this thread after all.
      Bouncing a moribund Brexit thread to the top is trolling by proxy!
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 1 September 2017, 23:08.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

1) forum members are asking probing questions of how that would work (ie how exactly do you have your cake and eat it?)
        2) the merde is starting to hit the fan (GDP falling away from the EU trend, currency declining).

So what happens? The Brexiteers offer zero explanation of what they voted for or how anybody else could salvage anything from the ruins. But what they do do is resort to name calling and dissing anything anybody else says.

On here it's sad (as people have remarked) but of little consequence. On the World Stage it means most of our leaders are hiding ("don't look at me; I didn't start this) and those that are (somewhat unwillingly?) fronting up our shambles of a government are saying any old rubbish hoping everyone will blame the EU when it all blows up. They know there is no sensible way out of the mess.
        The bullying behaviour of the EUSSR just goes to prove that the UK is better off outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

The problem is all brexiteers voted for something different.

Some actually voted for what the cr*p UK governments from Bliar to Camoron could have enforced within the EU from the beginning of the century but decided not to fecking bother as that would be taking responsibility.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The "problem" is that all the Bremainers are trying to second guess why people voted Leave.

With as little understanding even now as they had last June.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The problem is all brexiteers voted for something different.

Some actually voted for what the cr*p UK governments from Bliar to Camoron could have enforced within the EU from the beginning of the century but decided not to fecking bother as that would be taking responsibility.
              Not really, most of us understand we are right at the start of the negotiations. The eu is going to put out it's propaganda and so will the UK.
              Little piss heads like you that wet themselves at the first sign of conflict should look away.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                The "problem" is that all the Bremainers are trying to second guess why people voted Leave.

With as little understanding even now as they had last June.

There were many reasons why people voted Leave. But all of them involved being thick as mince
                And now you (and yours) will pay the price, which is right and proper.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Not really, most of us understand we are right at the start of the negotiations. The eu is going to put out it's propaganda and so will the UK.
                  Little piss heads like you that wet themselves at the first sign of conflict should look away.
                  Yes the best result is worse than the current situation. Way to go. The more I think of this the more amazed I am that people are so thick. Maybe the Eugenics movement at the start of the last century was right after all.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Yes the best result is worse than the current situation. Way to go. The more I think of this the more amazed I am that people are so thick. Maybe the Eugenics movement at the start of the last century was right after all.

Comment

Politiknachrichten - Süddeutsche.de

I've been reading it here and there - can I find one article about Brexit? No. It's almost if it is a non-issue. Which is odd cause the Beeb is going nuclear on the topic.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X