• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit talks cannot succeed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    And now you're the victim again! Don't worry. Just keep on being determined and it will all work on fine, I'm sure.
    Passive aggressive as usual, your stress levels must be through the roof. Have you tried laughing yoga?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Passive aggressive as usual, your stress levels must be through the roof. Have you tried laughing yoga?
      You really are determined.

Comment

I believe the EU and the UK need a trade deal. If tariffs are imposed it only hurts the people that have to buy the products, the EU and UK consumer. Both the EU and UK net income will drop if tariffs are imposed.
        Seeing as the UK economy is 80% services, tariffs are hardly the issue. Non-tariff barriers in the services economy are far more important.
        But as a Brexiter, I don't really expect you to know that, or much of anything TBH.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

If there was group of Nazis that wanted to kill non-white people but they like to look at men in Lycra, in fact they have a policy for it. I could say you share some of the same views as the Nazis racist union (NRU).

But I wouldn't do that because it's a strange thing to do, to associate your reasonable views on Lycra with a murdering bunch of loonies. I would be implying that you to are a murdering racist, which you may well be.
          But your views on Brexit aren't reasonable. You want to be out of the CU and SM but want a free trade deal which gives us the same thing.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I didn't expect it to be walk in the park. But doing something important is sometimes hard and takes a little time.
            This one time I was in a car accident. Smashed every bone in my body. Couldn't work so lost my job and my house when the mortgage payments fell behind. The Mrs left me for new fruit. Then a fraudster took all my savings. Thought it couldn't get any worse until.. unable to move there lying on my bed and a cat jumped up and urinated on my face. But still sometimes it's hard and takes a little time.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Seeing as the UK economy is 80% services, tariffs are hardly the issue. Non-tariff barriers in the services economy are far more important.
              But as a Brexiter, I don't really expect you to know that, or much of anything TBH.
              Tariffs are an issue, we do still export stuff. The EU exports more stuff to us. Tariffs will affect both economies.

Services are important to us, again a trade deal that will need to be struck to enable services to be sold. Again, both the EU and UK sell services to each other, we sell more to them.

Try to discuss things and perhaps you will learn.

Comment

Tariffs are an issue, we do still export stuff. The EU exports more stuff to us..
                Many of the FTSE 100 companies are not UK owned. Yes they export stuff. Will it continue if they face of increasing raw material import costs Sterling crashes?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  This one time I was in a car accident. Smashed every bone in my body. Couldn't work so lost my job and my house when the mortgage payments fell behind. The Mrs left me for new fruit. Then a fraudster took all my savings. Thought it couldn't get any worse until.. unable to move there lying on my bed and a cat jumped up and urinated on my face. But still sometimes it's hard and takes a little time.
                  That's a sad tale you tell. I'm sorry that your accident left you brain damaged and unable to reason. But to be clear, leaving the EU is not the same as your cat pissing on your face, which is a sentence I never imagined writing.

But Scoots please fell free to PM me before you post stupid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Many of the FTSE 100 companies are not UK owned. Yes they export stuff. Will it continue if they face of increasing raw material import costs Sterling crashes?
                    It depends on the sector. If you sell more perhaps because your product is cheaper to the overseas market then yes.

We moved away from cheap manufacturing because we could not compete with low cost economies and I think it's correct we should still focus on high end science and engineering.

Comment

What high end manufacturing is the UK currently engaged with? Something that people and companies use like?

Comment

Working...
                      X