• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to summarise:

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more
    QED.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

Leavers on the other hand, as many have already stated, still continue to moan after nearly 40 years.
      FTFY
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        I take it you're not going to engage. Probably wise, seeing as I'm right and you're wrong.
        No I'm not going to engage on the
        Audiovisual Media Services Directive
        because it isn't important to me, nor the country as a whole. It might be to you, but that's your own fault for ending up in the career you have done.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          FTFY
          and a bremoaner missing the point as usual.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No I'm not going to engage on the because it isn't important to me, nor the country as a whole. It might be to you, but that's your own fault for ending up in the career you have done.
            Let's break it down into bite sized chunks for you. Do you think that exports of creative media content are important to the country as a whole?

Comment

No I'm not going to engage on the because it isn't important to me, nor the country as a whole. It might be to you, but that's your own fault for ending up in the career you have done.
              Look forward to charging Sky loads of cash.

The BBC doesn't seem to see Europe as much of a Market.

https://www.bbcworldwide.com/

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Look forward to charging Sky loads of cash.

The BBC doesn't seem to see Europe as much of a Market.

https://www.bbcworldwide.com/
                Did you look at the report?

Western Europe is the 3rd largest market behind the USA and the UK so I think it is a rather important part of the BBC's market
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Did you look at the report?

Western Europe is the 3rd largest market behind the USA and the UK so I think it is a rather important part of the BBC's market
                  its about 16% of sales and declining in profit so I suppose you could see that as important. Some people wouldn't if selling cars.

https://www.bbcworldwide.com/media/2...nualreview.pdf

Headline sales Headline profit
                  £m 2015/16 2014/15 2015/16 2014/15
                  United Kingdom 379.3 361.8 62.4 52.7
                  North America 277.9 299.9 24.2 32.9
                  Western Europe 168.0 160.1 21.0 27.0
                  Australia and
                  New*Zealand 79.1 81.9 19.2 16.3
                  Rest of World 137.7 116.2 5.4 5.2
                  Eliminations (12.6) (18.1) 1.6 4.5
                  Total 1,029.4 1,001.8 133.8 138.6

Comment

Have you got to grips yet with the Audiovisual Media Services Directive? It is dismissed by an OP as EU red tape, but in fact it enables UK based channels to broadcast to the EU, and it compels EU based channels to show a high proportion of European works, which currently includes UK based content.

But I'm not surprised you hold the analysis you do. It's hard to see either the big picture or the details with your head in the sand.
                    The Dutch, Belgians, French and Irish already watch UK TV (if they're close enough to a transmitter), and everyone can watch UK satellite TV. If an EU directive is the reason we have to watch all that subtitled Scandinavian rubbish, they can get stuffed.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Let's break it down into bite sized chunks for you. Do you think that exports of creative media content are important to the country as a whole?
                      It depends on who profits from the sale, how much does your webcam business make?
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X