• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assguru View Post
    So you admit you completely lied about UK productivity being up? I suppose it is a Brexiter modus operandi.
    UK GDP growth edges up to 0.3% in Q2 - Financial Times

Not to mention your link is from 2014
    Sorry my mistake; since 2014 the number of Financial Services jobs has dropped from 2.1 Million to just over 9,000, and they're about to go now too it would seem.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Well worth a listen to the Australian High Commissioner on R4 Today saying in his view the mood is too pessimistic about brexit, and that Britain can have a strong future outside the EU.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

You do know that is the smallest growth in the G7, when last year we had the highest?
        And growth has nothing to do with productivity. It may come from increased debt:
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...n-emergencies/

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
        Sorry my mistake; since 2014 the number of Financial Services jobs has dropped from 2.1 Million to just over 9,000, and they're about to go now too it would seem.
        Your mistake is that you're trying to use numbers when clearly you haven't the foggiest idea about basic arithmetic
        It is quite astonishing how very innumerate you are.
        Last edited by sasguru; 8 August 2017, 10:08.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The link appears to be broken, but is it about UK GDP? If so, how does that show an increase in UK productivity?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            You do know that is the smallest growth in the G7, when last year we had the highest?

Your mistake is that you're trying to use numbers when clearly you haven't the foggiest idea about basic arithmetic
            He managed the basic arithmetic with 2.1 million and 9,000. Regrettably he lacked the O level English comprehension skills to understand why that sum was logically irrelevant.

Comment

I'm glad there's plenty of work for low-level operatives like you - it's obvious from your posts you won't be doing any tasks that require a high level of cognitive ability.
              Au Contraire, being technical and not a PM/BA type warrants a high level of cognitive ability, this is demonstrated by my interview success, time off bench and day rates over the last 10 years.
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                And growth has nothing to do with productivity. It may come from increased debt:
                http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...n-emergencies/

Where do you consider the UK in the economic cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Well worth a listen to the Australian High Commissioner on R4 Today saying in his view the mood is too pessimistic about brexit, and that Britain can have a strong future outside the EU.
                  That wouldn't be linked to the possibility that his country is hoping to do a trade deal with the UK and is hoping that the UK send in the same strong and stable negotiators that are currently "negotiating" with the EU?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Media studies graduates may understand how Brexit threatens jobs in television programming. But I expect you already knew all about that anyway. Broadcasters Consider Ireland as a Location Post-Brexit | The Irish Film & Television Network
                    And there's about 2 million of them...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If only we had educated the brexiteers a tiny weeny bit more

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      That wouldn't be linked to the possibility that his country is hoping to do a trade deal with the UK and is hoping that the UK send in the same strong and stable negotiators that are currently "negotiating" with the EU?
                      Why don't you listen to it and make your mind up for yourself!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-poli...my-over-brexit

Comment

Working...
                      X